Ouch.

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
is all I've been saying everytime I've moved since 8pm yesterday. I'm ovulating, and the pain in my right side is agonising! So much so that I curled up in bed with a hot water bottle all night and not my husband.:cry: Not this month for us then, unless Thusday night's did the trick!

No wonder we're not getting pg when at ovulation time, I get bad pains, spots, headache and mood swings!!! ](*,)

:hugs: Awe Amanda, You know, My Dr said that just BD ever 2 Days just to try to make it work. So maybe Thursday will do the trick. :dust: and Fingers crossed for this to be your month.

Suz

Amanda I'd go & get that checked out without a second thought hun!!

:hugs: x

I will second what char just said,doesnt sound good to me
bex

I always get pain so I know exactly when I'm ovulating and don't need to chart. But this month was particularly bad. It's actually got a bit better in the last hour or so and I'm beginning to feel more up again. Thanks for the concern though girls. :hugs: The funny thing is that I very rarely get period pain!!!:dohh:

Sticking with my original reply sorry lol I'd go & get it checked out. I noticed I got O pains every now an then but its only mild not sure I'd class it as 'pain' if you can say its pain pain & you needed to curl up & lie down seriously go see your GP x

Do you think I should? I've been like this for years. I always get a pain, but it's usually just there, it's about one month in 6 that I get the really bad one. You've got me worried now.....

sorry to go agaisnt everyone here but i think if you have had this for years then its just your body ovulateing... some people do get more pain than others, asnd as long as it goes and doesnt last longer than a couple of days id say this was normal for you hun.
Everyone is diffrent and you get to know your bodys own signs and signals over the years, trust your body and what it is telling you.

xx

Here hun, i just found this for you.

Is Painful Ovulation Normal?

All women are familiar with cramping, headaches, bloating, and constipation or diarrhea that accompany periods every month. But some women also experience mid-cycle ovulation pain. This is absolutely normal and surprisingly common. Painful ovulation or mid-cycle pain affects about twenty percent of women. Although the pain may feel like something serious is wrong, painful ovulation or is rarely serious.

Painful ovulation, when severe, is referred to as mittelschmerz, a German word that means "middle pain." Most women who experience painful ovulation usually report a nagging pain that begins as a sharp twinge and diminishes into a dull ache for the next day or so. But for some women, the pain can be severe enough to be disabling and can even be confused with appendicitis. Occasionally, in addition to mid cycle pain and cramping, some women may experience nausea, and/or light menstrual spotting. Mittelschmerz lasts for 6 to 8 hours in most women; however, occasionally it can last as long as twenty-four to forty-eight hours.

While the discomfort can occur on either side of the abdomen, it is more commonly experienced on the right. Pain in the abdomen can occur during intercourse or it can be aggravated by intercourse, working out or other physical activity. In addition to pain, some women also experience gastrointestinal symptoms and increased frequency of urination. Painful ovulation may occur every month, but more typically occurs every third to fourth cycle.

xxx

Wow, thanks Layla! That could almost have been written by me!

The pain is always worse on the right side, and when I was 19, I spent 2 days in hospital with suspected appendicitus! They never did find out what the problem was, so I bet it was ovulation pain - it all makes sense now!

Thanks again Layla. (I'd send you a higgie, but the smilie's are broken!!)

Just be careful Amanda as what I thought was simple ovulation pain turned out once to be a septic appendix! I was rushed in to hospital and then surgery with 4 hours!

Exactly you can't be more careful these days! I assumed by your first post Amanda that curling up with pain was not normal for you!!

I would be concerned about that personally nomatter how many times I'd experienced it. Theres pain & cramps & theres curling up into a ball because its that bad.

I know you're only concerned hun. It is normal for me though, about twice a year it's bad enough to warrant the curling up.

I spose I should go docs and ask the question.....

Go see GP as this could also mean a "thinning" tube ...

Better be safer than sorry ... i don't agree with just ignoring it because you think tis "normal" for you ... you never know hun!

xxx

I think you should Amanda there is still possibilities ya know ... I bet if you'd had problems conceiving you'd have ran down there :lol: but because you haven't an probably won't doesn't mean theres still a chance it would need looked into more although from my experience depends if the GP wants to fob you off ... lol

Like you say honestly just concerned :hugs:

Okay.. I'm having some time off work when I move, so I'll go the the docs then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->