Ouchie, is this a sign or just very bad braxton hicks?

Sunseal

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm just posting because yesterday and especially todaymy braxton hicks have been horrendous. I'm sat here now and for the 3 or so hours, I've had a constant 'brackton hick', a deep almost burning ache across the middle of my belly and tightenings to the point where I'm having to inhale really deeply. Yesterday they were quite bad but today they're horrible.
Is this just a normal occurence for 36+6 or is this a sign that labour is on it's way? I've never had hicks this bad before.
Saying that... just at this second, it seems to have eased slightly... stupid hicks... on and now it's coming back a bit. I'm confused! No show, no waters or anything, just been in an extremely bad mood these last couple of days and had terrible hicks.
Thanks ladies. Oh and at my last appt (last week) he was 3/5 engaged xx

not sure hun didnt think they were suppose to last that long if BH :wacko:

You don't have to have a show/waters to be in labour. Mine started exactly how to describe. I'd give labour ward a ring and see what you say, might be pre-labour? X

Thanks girls
Moomoo, the pain has (ironically) eased a little now, I will wait a couple of hours and see if it gets any worse again. If it does I will phone the labour ward and see what they say but I've just sat quiet for a while and though it's still painful it's not as bad as it was.
Feels like a bit of a waste of a thread but I don't post all that often, I only do when I really think I could use some advice x

Try having a bath and seeing if they ease (take some paracetamol as well) if its labour the bath wont stop them, if its BH they will probably ease off.

My BH's can be very painful and go on for hours / days at a time, but are bot regular or increase in Frequency / intensity.

If in doubt phone triage / day assessment for advice.

At my midwife appointment yesterday, she was saying that if you have more than 4-6 BH an hour, that you should call the doctor/midwife, as that could be a sign of labor. Might be good to call either way, just to ease your mind. She mentioned lying down for a bit to see if they ease up, similar to the warm bath suggestion. Good luck!

Thanks girls, thankfully they have eased off and now although I ache my belly is not hurting as much at all!
I may just be getting excited, and I know that it'll happen in it's own time, but do they say that braxton hicks should get more intense/frequent the closer so labour you get? I shouldn't be getting so impatient, I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow, but it's full term and I'd rather he came out sooner rather than later! x

Thanks Starlight 2801, I shouldn't be so impatient really when there are ladies on here who are 40+ weeks!!

Thanks Starlight 2801, I shouldn't be so impatient really when there are ladies on here who are 40+ weeks!!

Don't worry hun everyone is entitled to their own impatience.

If they start coming back try timing them. If they're lasting a min or over, and are coming every 5 min I would get your behind into a hospital. If they're still quite sporadic that doesn't mean they're not contractions, just a bit of false labour contractions. Sadly though you can still have those for weeks. :/

Thank you Jenniflower!
By the sounds of things, they're just false labour contractions, but it's reassuring to know that my body is doing what it's supposed to. If they become regular then I'll get to the hospital to get myself checked out. Doesn't help that I get hot flushes when the pain kicks in, I hate hot flushes!!
But thank you very much for your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->