Ouchie! - Poss TMI

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This may be TMI for some people so look away now :blush:

I've always shaved my bikini area and even now I'm still managing it....years of practise in the shower I think!

Problem is I think that the skin stretching at the top of my legs and bikini area, and the sheer amount of discharge I'm getting, is causing me to get a really bad itchy rash and what I can only assume is ingrown hairs (never really had this in this quantity before). I've had the odd one or two of this before but it's the entire width of my bikini area and is starting to spread down.

I've tried putting a hot flannel on to draw out all the nasties, I've even tried sudacrem, but nothing works. I am just wondering whether anyone knows any magic cures because otherwise it's savlon, hot water and letting the area get 'hairy' again which I really do not want to do! Can anyone recommend anything to stop the itching too?

Thanks

Aimee

P.s. Sorry for the TMI but you girls are my only source of wisdom on things like this. :hugs:

Thanks girls

I really have no idea!

I saw a post on here about waxing/shaving whilst pregnant a while ago and everyone said how they were having a bad reaction to it now they were pregnant, so I decided just to trim until I can see my own parts again!!

Good luck with it though xxx

I cant rememebr the name of the stuff....*goes hunting* its called tend skin I think...I used this but you would eed to check about use in pregnancy. That was very good and helped lift them and easy if your struggling to reach!! :D

Thanks guys,

May have to look into that Jem - thanks for the tip-off. It's just really getting to me, I feel like the body is falling apart, if it's not my teeth then it's my skin! :nope:

Yep it is called tend skin, I've got it and its says "not tested for use in pregnancy or nursing" on it so I suppose they are covering their own backs. I tried it but really couldn't bear the smell.

Lots of exfoliating is supposed to work, but to be honest nothing works for me I get waxed down there and am covered in ingrowns... but I prefer them to being stubbly! :winkwink:

It may not be ingrown hun, it could just be your skin has gone extra sensitive in pregnancy! I used to get this if I shave pre preg so I know how horrible it is! This is why i only wax or use cream. Try and keep it as dry as possible and air it (hard i know with all this only sleep on your side stuff etc but it does help!) I've not found anything to get rid as it normally just goes. I was thinking maybe some other kind of nappy rash crream like Bepanthem (sp) or something? Just an idea :)

Vici, I've tried sudacrem and I must admit while I still have the rash, it stopped the itchiness and the heat coming from it so it may help.

I've had something similar before and the only thing that cured it was 2 weeks of no shaving and then a brand new set of razor blades - blunt blades can't help.

Thanks for all the help girls - just been out to town. I've taken to wearing skirts as trousers make it worse, and it's feeling ok actually. Hoping it's on the mend.

I don't really have an answer, but you might find it's more to do with the extra heat and moisture, and 'reducing' that might help some how?? :lol:

Time to go commando, and akimbo in a long loose-fitting skirt?? :rofl:

I don't really have an answer, but you might find it's more to do with the extra heat and moisture, and 'reducing' that might help some how?? :lol:

Time to go commando, and akimbo in a long loose-fitting skirt?? :rofl:

Very flattering image there! :lol:

reminds me of my mother-in-law's favourite joke!

Why do old ladies always sit with their legs apart? - To keep the flies off their ice cream! :blush:

I'm doing my best not to scratch and it does seem to be getting better, although the day is young and it's always worse at night :shrug:

Could be worth try bepantham, I found it worked wonders on my chaffing thighs, and sore bit under my boobs; I did dicover when DS was a babe that sudocrem sometimes took a while to work; often rash got really sore before improving where as with bepantham worked really quickly. Other than that it might be worth having a shower or a bath early evening and talc to try keep the area very dry... I must admitte I've gone for trimming rather than shaving at the moment; but hey, it's not forever...

I had this issue the other day with a very inflamed ingrowing hair on my bits..I had to get OH to look at it..he couldn't see it very well so got out his fishing head torch - so there was me one leg in the air..OH staring into to my wookey hole saying he really thought it was a spot and not an ingrower!! :haha::haha:

My top tip would be to buy some of those scratchy glove things..get some baby or sensitive shower/bath stuff and give yourself a good ol scrub down there. Just make sure you use a rich moisturiser after so stop the skin drying out too much. :thumbup:

Might be worth a try?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back