Our baby has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by stevon111, Feb 1, 2011.

1. stevon111

stevon111 my baby girl faye

Well hello all..just thought i would let everyone know that jenny hd her baby on 28th jan 2 weeks early than expected :flower:

little girl called faye :flower:
    weight: 7 pounds 11
    and shes totally amazing
    https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs275.snc6/180372_10150391207060532_504300531_16999707_4960663_n.jpg

she was in special care unit for 2 days as jenny went into hospital complainng with pains and she was being sick constanty and when we got to the hospital they put her on a monitor and the babys heartrate was very hight constantly around 170-180bpm
    (thank god we took her to hospital as shes obviously had a virus and its not been treated and jenny was given a drip to start labour off faster with the problems with fayes heart rate)

we have her home now anyways nd its great to have her here....

had a terrible 1st night last night though as expected there was no sleep as faye will not sleep in her moses basket but will happly fall asleep in my or jennys or anyone elses arms haha!

only big problem we are having at the moment is fayes feeding..she was doing quite okay in the hospital on cow and gate starter bottles taking about 30-45 ml of the bottle

but since she has came how we are lucky to get just over 1 ounce ofmlk into her from the tommie tippi bottles nd we are quite concerned :wacko:

if anyone of you good parents out there can offer us some good tips on feeding i would be most happy!!!!!!!!!

but anyways as i type on here she is fast asleep in her basket ...it wont be for long though!!

2. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

awww shes gorgeous! congrats :flower:

3. LittlePeople

LittlePeople Pregnant :)

Aaw she's gorgeous! Congratulations :flower:

In regards to the feeding problems...She might not like the bottles / the teats?! So it may be worth trying other brands?! In the mean time, I think you can buy the mini bottles from most shops, so it may be worth getting a few of those, just so you make sure she's eating!? (Also due to the cost of the mini bottles...do the teats come off?! Coz if they do, you might be able to mix up the formula yourself and use those bottles!?)
    With Faye's sleeping...If she does drift off in someone's arms, just keep on putting her in her moses basket! She'll get used to it eventually :flower:

4. JessdueJan

JessdueJan Well-Known Member

Faye is gorgeous..congrats to you and Jenny :happydance:

Hope her feeding picks up soon, my LO drank very little once he got home from hospital, I rang the ward back up for advice and their only advice was just to keep offering it every hour and a half or so and if he takes 1-2oz each hour and a half he would be ok. His eating picked up after two days so hope Faye's does too :flower:

5. we can't wait

we can't wait Mom of 4

Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!! x

6. vinteenage

vinteenage Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Shes gorgeous and her name is splendid!

7. SarahhhLouise

SarahhhLouise Mummy to a gawjess boy

congratulations! she's beautiful! glad everythings okay! xx

8. Savannah11

Savannah11 Love my boys xxx

shes lovely congrats x

9. divershona

divershona Mummy to Kaya :)

she is gorgeous, congrats :)

10. BrEeZeY

BrEeZeY stay at home wifey&&momma

she is gorgeous!

11. holly2234

holly2234 Well-Known Member

12. Leah_xx

Leah_xx Guest

Congrats she is so cute
    and i love the name!!

13. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Aww she is precious! Love the name! Welcome to the world LO! Congrats to both of you, well done! :hugs:

14. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

this thread has made my day!

:wohoo:

massive congratulations to you both
    you totally deserve all the happiness
    and she's so beautiful :cloud9:

in regards to bottles, emily hated TT ones
    so we switched to avent ones as the teats
    longer and she fed perfectly with those
    could try a few different bottles some babies
    are just picky lol

:flower: xxxx

15. nicki01

nicki01 Well-Known Member

Congrats guys!!

I would also like to add that my little one hated tommee tippee and just couldnt feed from them! We breast fed for 3 weeks and when changing to bottles i thought there was something wrong and she wouldnt feed well. Now we have avent and she is fine. i bought one to try it and then went and stocked up, the tommee tippee teats are to fat for there little mouths!

16. xforuiholdonx

xforuiholdonx Momma to Emma and Coltin!

Yay! She's so beautiful!

17. stephx

stephx Well-Known Member

Congrats to you and Jen!!! She is adorable :)

As for the feeding- keep offering it to her even if she's not showing hunger signs and maybe try different shape teats? X

18. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

Congratulations, she is gorgeous.

We had the same problem with Connor, wouldnt feed at all and ended up back in hospital after 4 days at home because he'd lost more than 10% off his weight. Midwife recommened to us Mam bottles, the not exactly cheap but she said theres something about the teats babies like and we got connor some and after a few feeds he started gradually feeding again

19. stevon111

stevon111 my baby girl faye

well hello guys and thanks for the advice!!!

changing to the advent bottles seems to have done the trick as she is now drinking 2 ounce which i am quite happy with!

im not sure what she should be drinking but i think around the 2 ounce for being 5 days old seems okay and jen is happy and so is the midwife...
    faye seems to be wanting fed every 3 hours roughly at the moment and her suction on the bottle is much better having changed it from tommie tippi to the advent 1s

20. FayDanielle

FayDanielle Mia's Mummy <3

Congratulations :D
    Beautiful name too ;) Not biased at all!! Lol!

As for feeding, we had the same problem with Mia, she will only drink from orthadontic shaped teats, which is what you get given in hospital.
    NUK do orthadontic shaped teats, they're £5 a bottle from Boots, but you can get them cheaper on ebay, 6 for £8.99 i think it is, if you'd like the link?
    x