Our doctors trip today..

Elli21

Reaction score
The kids and I all have this terrible chesty cough. And at night times its terrible.
So i made 3 appointments in a row and we went this evening.
I got some congestion spray and im glad its just classed as a cough n cold as i thought it may be infections.
Leigha has the same as me.
But my poor Tommy...hes being treated with steroids and has an inhaler. They think he may have asthma. But they wont diagnose him with it yet as they say hes too young to be properly diagnosed with it.
:hissy: I feel like why couldnt he just have had the cough n cold like me n leigha and id have had the asthma!! Ya know? :(
Bless him.

Aw hun, how old is he?? The way i would think of it is that at least you know and he's got that inhaler, because trust me they can be a lifeline.

Hope you and Leigha feel better soon x

they thought nicole had asthma when she was younger, she'd had a really bad cough for weeks, gave her an inhaler which she used for about 2wks and shes champion now so maybe it will be the same for tom.

hope u's all feel better soon. x

Hun he may not even have it cause thesa inhalers are just for opening and clearing the tube helping to breath properely and it may just be he has a chesty cough and doc is giving him this just for now to help clear his chest and help him breath properely as my friend was given one of thesa and she just had a bad chest and no longer needs it :)

aw honey, hope you all feel better soon :hugs: james, my fiancee has asthma and its really easy to live with, but can feel quite scary when first diagnosed :hugs: thinking of you :hugs:

Hes 1 and 5 months.
I hope it is just to clear his chest...and that his chest gets stronger for using it. Your experiences have helped me see it could just be a pre-caution which really puts my mind to rest a little. Thanks :hugs: xx

Believ it or not they gave Ruby an inhaler and spacer when she was chesty to help open her airways up too as a precution. On the otherhand my 9 year old daughter has always been prone to chesty colds and wheezeyness and although always had inhalers was never actually diagnosed with asthma until last month when she suffered an acute asthma attack at home and was rushed to hospital. Hope all of u feel better soon.xx

Hes 1 and 5 months.

Yep i think the doc may have given it as a precaution, keep a eye on him, have you a follow up appointment, when he is older the will be able to do a blow test but is too young to do it now, hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->