Our Journey with Brachycephaly.

Hi hun! So sorry i forgot to reply! I just got back from Enzos appointment, I thought it was next week haha! I must have the measurements wrong as we don't take the chart home with us, so I have to have a glance at the computer and try to remember!

As of today we are 3mm and 87%, by next appointment we want to see 3mm and 85% and then we are finished! His next appointment is the day before his 1st birthday so its literally the race against time on this home stretch! X

Hi hun! So sorry i forgot to reply! I just got back from Enzos appointment, I thought it was next week haha! I must have the measurements wrong as we don't take the chart home with us, so I have to have a glance at the computer and try to remember!

As of today we are 3mm and 87%, by next appointment we want to see 3mm and 85% and then we are finished! His next appointment is the day before his 1st birthday so its literally the race against time on this home stretch! X

Haha I just replied to your thread !! We are on the home run for sure !

So happy for you and Enzo ! Fingers crossed it’s a early first birthday present! Xx

I know Bev ! Honestly cannot believe how quick it’s gone and the improvements ! I’m just so proud of my boy ! He’s just got on with it hasn’t bothered him once ! He’s amazing .

I have got more pics to post but my phone is playing up !

So we are now 15 weeks into the helmet wearing! Where has that time gone!

This is his head today , just after he had his bath ! It’s no longer high and tall at the top and the back and you can see the roundness .

When you look at that picture do you see anything obvious wrong or does it look more or less normal ! Please be honest I won’t be offended or upset girls ! xx

View attachment 1088933

Looks absolutely perfect to me! We also have some amazing helmet news thatd come at a bit of a surprise! Will update my thread :) xx

Thanks ladies its re assuring you don’t notice anything !

His helmet seems a tad tighter when clipping it together . Not sure if it’s just me so going to ask DH to check it over tomorrow !

Its good when it gets tighter hun it means ots doing its job! No harm in asking though:)

Yeah she did say last time it might go tighter and to call her! There’s no red marks or anything either

Thanks lovely !

It looks so much different now ! I’m so thankful and happy for my boy !

He’s going to get another 3d image of his head on our next appointment so we will be able to see the difference more clearly !

That's great :) Fingers crossed for your next appointment :)

Thanks Bev it’s in 3 weeks ! Time goes fast between appointments !

Family have bought him a few winter bobble hats can’t wait for him to use them !

Good luck for the next appointment! Im soo excited for the bobble hats! :haha:

Felt a little sad today looking back at pictures of his head, was perfectly round as a newborn . I think I am always going to feel guilty somehow. Did I keep him in his pram too much while doing the school run and shopping ? Could we have done something sooner ? obviosuly DH says I’m being silly ! Which I know I am .

Maybe it’s becuase I am just unsure how it’s going to be as he gets older or maybe I’m just nervous because I know treatment will be ending in a few weeks !

Urgh I don’t know! Someone give me a good talking too ! Why do I worry so much ! Hes a super happy, gorgeous, little boy and everyone loves him !

Hun, first of all, regardless of his head shape, he's a cutie pie, he's loved, he's healthy so - rounder head or not, the important things don't change.

Second, do not beat yourself up. This is not your fault. It already happens a lot especially with the sleeping on the back. The issue here is not you. I actually have this talk all the time with the physiotherapist and osteopathist... the doctors *always* say, it's gonna get better, it'll fix itself when they sit up. BUT that's not how it works. I've actually seen very few kids where it *corrects* itself on its own. Plagio doesn't because, if your kid had an issue of laying to one side, it doesn't magically go away when they sit up and then they'll still sleep 8+ hours on that side.

Brachy, same thing. By the time they sit up, they're 6-8 months. The bones are the most malleable before 4 months. By the time they sit up, the head doesn't grow as much as fast. So if they sleep on the back of their heads still... well! And some kids don't have a lot of growth spurs, and what if it happens in a bouts where they are more laying? I wish doctors would stop saying *it'll fix itself* and then parents feel guilty when it doesn't... Because hun, you love him, you care for him well, and you went above and beyond. So please, do not feel guilty.

Plus, we all have different head shapes! He doesn't look weird or funky. I see some kiddos with a head like WAY rounded and sticking out than my kids and yet they are NOWHERE near a yellow on brachy and newborn heads always stick out a little more ;) because nothing is fused.

SO PLEASE, no guilt! You're an awesome mama doing an awesome job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->