Our little princess Marissa is here

JeffsWife07

Reaction score
As most of you know I went in to preterm labor with Marissa @ 33 weeks & the docs stopped it. They put me on Terbutaline and when I came off of it I was in non-progressive labor. On April 2nd DH & I went grocery shopping and he decided to make Gumbo. It was delish. I finished my last bite of gumbo @ 7pm that night & the contractions started @ 7:10pm. I was thinking, great here we go with all pain & no gain again.:dohh::hissy: I managed to tolerate the contractions & fell asleep. I was awaken @ 5:00am (the next morning) with the worse contractions ever, they were 5 mins apart & the pain kept building.

Around 7am DH & I left for the hospital. I figured I would go down there, be checked & sent home being dialated to a 2cm (I had been a loose 1cm since March 5). The nurse checked me & said I was a 2 & to rest. 2 hours later the nurse came back in & checked me...I had made it to a 3cm.:happydance: The nurses changed (shift change) & another nurse came in (introduced herself & checked me). 15 mins later she came back in the room carrying an arm full of IV bags. She looked @ DH and winked & looked @ me & said...Are you ready to have a baby today??? :happydance::cloud9::cry:

I started crying. They inserted my IV, gave me Pitocin & I got my epidural. My MW (Donna) came in right after that & broke my water around 12pm. I was in full blown labor from 12pm to 5pm. The doc came in @ 5pm (I was finally up to 10cm). I began pushing. Due to the epidural I could not feel a thing. I wasted 15mins of pushing time trying to learn where to focus the pushing to.:dohh: Anyways, 20 mins later Marissa's little head was popped out. My doc said to grab under her arms and pull her on out. I helped deliver my own baby.:cloud9: I laid her upon my belly while DH cut the cord.

Then, I could tell something was wrong. She wasn't crying.:cry: The nurses grabbed her & started working with her while my doc sewed me up (I had torn). The main nurse then looked @ DH & said she was taking Marissa to the nursery real quick & for him to follow ASAP. I was crying & worried and no one would tell me why I couldn't hold my baby girl. As the nurse started out the door I realized Marissa was turning blue.:cry:

They worked with her for 30mins trying to get her to cry. She was a healthy 7lbs. 2oz. and 20 1/2" long, but she just would not cry. She could breathe on her own but still had not taken that first big cry. Finally, after 1 hour of worrying myself to death & crying a river a nurse came in the room to help clean me up & transport me to another room. On the way by the nursery she stopped to let me see Marissa. The nurse went in & held Marissa up....she was crying (loudly):happydance::happydance::cloud9: That was the first time since I gave birth that I got a real good look @ my princess.:cloud9: She was beautiful. I had been making DH go to the nursery to get updates on her & take pics as they would not let me out of bed to see her, but that was the first real good look I had gotten @ her.

Anyways, once she warmed up & they bathed her they brought her to my room. I got to hold my princess.:cloud9: I cried more & more. To hold her in my arms knowing she was created from the love DH & I share for each other.....is amazing.

Introducing...........Marissa LeeAnn Gregory:

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/jeffandchasgregory/baby/100_0268.jpg
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/jeffandchasgregory/baby/100_0274.jpg
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/jeffandchasgregory/baby/100_0278.jpg
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/jeffandchasgregory/baby/100_0282.jpg
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/jeffandchasgregory/baby/000_0004.jpg

Awwww :cry::cry::cry: i am emotional today, congrats honey she is just gorgeous well done you x:hugs:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

That is a lovely birth story and it made me cry!

Congrats again on your beautiful girl:cloud9:

Congrats she is lovely x

She's so gorgeous! And look at all that hair :)

Well done you, you've had a right struggle to get here so I'm sooo glad you finally got your little girl :) xxx

Aww hun she is so cute. I am so happy they finally got that cry out of her that must have been the hardest thing for you. Hope you are having a wonderful time with your little girl now!

Congratulations hun, Marissa is gorgeous. You did so well
X

awwwwww huni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am bawling my eyes out right now :( I want to have my princess now!!!!! Your soo lucky! She is amazingly beautiful!!!!!!!! I hope that she is settling in well....
Lots and lots of cuddles and love
-xox-

Aw hun, that made tears fall! Im so happy for you, she is gorgeous!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats she is just lovely and I love her beautiful head of hair! How scary for you after the birth though, thank goodness everything turned out so well.

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"