Our new relationship

Chel

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with someone.

I was reflecting over the last 9 months of our lives and further back than that and I'm in awe of how much our relationship has changed and grown and just how incredible our relationship is right now. We've never loved each other as much as we do right now and I think that its not just because we're about to have a baby.

About 4 months ago we were in a pretty nasty place, he was gambling and lying about it and losing unimaginable sums of money - I've still not fully come to grips with how much money he lost... but now, even though now we're broke, we own nothing except the furniture in our apartment... we dont even have a car anymore... we're finally having a real relationship.

When we first met he was 28 and very wealthy and I was only 19 and very impressed by what that wealth could buy and do for me. While we had lots of fun together going on5 star holidays, eating at expensive resturants, drinking LOTS of expensive wine etc it wasn't real... and that lifestyle I think really got in the way of us having a truely deep emotional connection

Now we're still putting our lives back together after the s**t really hit the fan a couple of months ago and somehow we've never been happier to just be together.

I find myself oddly grateful that he lost everything - its just unfortunate timing with the baby just around the corner, but I think we did need this to be able to love each other the way we do. Its like, all the noise and distractions have faded out of our relationship and all thats left is us and our new family.

I also know him well enough to know that it wont take him long to find a way back to the top and we will have that financial freedom again, just right now things are beautiful and real and money is tight and we have each other and its nice to know that at the end of the day, all we need is love.

I know that was quite a long post and not really all that pregnancy related (well... I'm pregnancy related being due in 10 days and all)

Thank you to anyone who read that, I really just needed to share my thoughts.

Well - it's true what they say - Money can't buy you love or happiness. I'm so glad that things have worked out well for you in the end hun. Nice to read a happy ending!!!

I agree, sometimes you need to almost lose everything to realise what you have. Its so lovely to hear that despite your issues in the past you've moved forward together and are looking forward to the birth of your baby.

It's easy to be happy, or to think you're happy, when you have lots of money and a great lifestyle, but I think the real test is when you have nothing! My DH and I have been so broke in the past, but we've pulled through it and I think it can only make you stronger as a couple in the long run.

I've also found that me and OH have become closer - we don't see either of our families very often so it's like we only have each other (and baby!). Sometimes it feels like we're the only couple in the world who are having a baby and I think that feeling of being part of something new and special have brought us closer.

Also, I've had to ask him to do some very personal grooming for me lately lol and he helps me out without any kind of fuss - I think something like that brings two people very much closer together! lolol

It can only be a good thing hon and if you make it through all of this then you are meant to be. It really is true that money can't buy you love. x x

I as well have found that me and DH are much closer than we have ever been before. I love him more ( if that is possible) everyday and appreciate everything.

Those fights we used to get in where I would storm off and say something I knew I would regret are long gone and now I cannot imagine my life without him.

Glad everything is going well for you!
With a baby on the way it is only up from here.
xoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->