Our reasons for wtt

makemeamammy

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wanted to start a new thread to hear other ppls reasons as to why they would like to wait a while and how they are feeling about the wait.

I am waiting until after my next af as i am just about to enter my final year of university and this is the earliest possible date that i could start to make sure the due date would be after I finish uni. I still think that perhaps September is a bit early as I will be heavily pregnant by the end of my course but I feel soooo broody I don't think I could wait much longer.

Also, after new year I would be on placement for the final part of my course and I would want to be out of my first trimester by then so as to minimise the risk of morning sickness (im studying to be a teacher)

if i don't ttc in the next few months then i will have to wait for about 3 years as i don't want to be pregnant at my wedding (july 2010) and it makes most sense for me to ttc so the baby would be due in the summer holidays (again due to the fact that I am going to be a teacher).

i know it sounds selfish and impatient but i am soooo broody there is no way i could wait that long even although being pregnant and finishing uni is definately not an ideal scenario i figure it's not all that different to being pregnant and working (other than that other ppl mite judge u) and at least I will have a degree behind me by the time bub would come.

what does everyone else think to my plans? barmy, selfish, sensible??? all opinions welcome :)

also why r the rest of u ladies waiting and how do u feel about the wait? happy, relieved, impatient???

would love to hear from u all xxxx

Hi there! :hi: Welcome!

DH and I waited 15 months after our wedding to TTC. We wanted to get a little ahead of the bills and DH wanted to have at least 6 months of my salary banked in the event that I needed more than the 12 weeks of maternity leave I'm allowed.

I think your plan sounds great! It's VERY hard waiting but the time goes by quickly.

Best of luck to you!

we have been saving up for the past while also which is a weight of my mind but we are planning on moving to my hometown after I finish uni and I am a bit worried in case h2b can't find work but he doesn't seem to think this will be a problem.

ur hubby sounds like he's got his head screwed on! if u don't mind me asking how long have u been ttc now? u don't have to answer if u don't want to-don't want to offend.

so u don't think i'm silly by trying to get pregnant whilst still finishing my uni course?

i was thinking of doing somethng similar as i have my last year of college in sept, (yes im a mature student) and could do with the qualification to set my business up from home as a beautican

oh that's great news! nice to know there's someone else who (might) be going about things the same way i am. let me know what u decide to do xxx

Several reasons really that we are waiting till feb

1) to get some money behind us
2) going to Mexico in November
3) H is racing his motorbike

would love to start now but all the above in the way

5 1/2 months left to wait and it is driving me insane to the point that I get upset if I am near babies as I want one so much

You seem to have it all planned - only you can decide if it is the right thing

Good luck with it all xxxx

Hi! *waves*

That doesn't sound selfish at all.

I too am very broody. I'm only waiting for my OH to come around. He wants to wait bc

-of my education
-my miscarriage,he doesn't think I'm over it

hi honeybunch2k7, so sorry to hear about ur mc. *hug*

so r u still in ft/pt education also? xx

yay, someone just like me :) what year are u in/going into after summer? xx

OMG I've been there for a few years. Technically I'm probably a junior. I got a little behind in the beginning.

We're (trying) to wait until my late Nov/early Dec cycle to try, because I'm a teacher and want to try to get lucky so I can get paid for the summer holidays and then go on ML straight after, just as term starts.

My only word of caution for you is - be prepared for how exhausting that year of teacher training is. Nothing prepared me for it and being pregnant too would have done me in! That said, I know people who did it with babies and families, so it can be done. Good luck with it!

Just throught I'd add our reasons. We are waiting as we are only just married - got married in April. We are planning on enjoying a year or so as marrieds and then adding to the family although I am finding it hard as I've become everso broody. Financially as well we need to the time to prepare as the wedding cost a lot and now both the cars are on their last legs!! Typical.:dohh:

hi becstar, i expect it to be quite a difficult year but luckily if i got pg now the baby would be a year by the time i start my probation year (as i would take a year's leave) and my mum would be able to help a few days a week which would also help.

thanks so much for the advice-i love hearing from ppl in the same/similar situation to me, it's nice to know i'm not alone :) xxx

Heya :) i think your plan is sensible! Even if u aren't in full time work when bub comes, u've got a degree behind u to fall on afterwards! Remember that not many women get pregnant straight away when TTC so u could end up due maybe 3months after u've graduated or whatever.

There's nothin wrong with wantin the baby to be due at a certain time, i agree with u lol. I just can't TTC + succeed within the next 2 months as i'd be due either the end of next may or june, which is when my A level exams are.

I'm waitin seein as i'm only young. My OH is extremely supportive and has a full time job as well as going to college, but i'm aware that it wouldn't be do-able for us to have a bub this year or next.. We are waitin until we are both qualified + in good, well paid jobs, and also until we have our own place as i really couldn't cope with his family interferin with me + the baby all the time if i moved in there haha.

Good luck anyways hun, whatever u choose will be right for u! x

i'm the same as becstar... plannign to start trying Nov/Dec. I go to NY the end of Nov and get back first week in december. Also my due date would be aug/sept 09 which is when all my loans finish...

h x

Oooh, i thread i can really relate to :)

I don't think your plan is silly it all, it sounds perfectly sensible to me. You'll have finished your degree and the next stage of your education can be deferred for a year. I'm in kind of the same situation. My reasons for waiting at the minute are mainly just waiting for OH to come round. But as far as i know his reasons for waiting are:

1. Wants me to finish up uni
2. Wants to save some money every month until then to ensure we have money
3. Feels like he has a few more good nights out left in him to be a daddy yet (well that's what me thinks lol)

Waiting is driving me mad though. I'm about to be going into my second year of uni when term starts again in sept and OH says no trying until at least after i've graduated. But i think the same way you do. We could start trying so that bump would be due after graduation. So in like Oct time next year.

oh is up for it whenever which is good. at least this way when we start work we will be starting from scratch, not much point in working ur way up somewhere only to leave and start again from the beginning. as long as u have the finances to support it then why not and we would as we have already managed to save up quite a bit and would continue to do so until bub would arrive. xxx

That's so very true. And i'm pretty sure we would manage financially. It's just a case of waiting for my OH now. So who knows how long that'll be! lol. I take it you've decided to start trying in Oct from your ticker? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->