Out N About After Birth

LucyS

Reaction score
Thought I'd get a better response posting this in here.

How soon after birth did you take baby out and about and where to? Shopping?

Thanks

Our first trip was a walk to the doctors. It was dreadful.. :dohh: It was too hot, too sunny, and she was too irritable!

we took both of ours to morrisons 3 days after birth

Home from hospital day 5, day 6 it was dark by the time we got the pram set up (!), walked down the town for coffee on day 7.

We went to sainsburys the day we got out (week old, he slept) and then when he was 1 week and 5 days, I took the bus to my parents. I took him everywhere in the sling to start with because our hosue is on a hill and up some stairs and I couldn't cope with the buggy (csection).

I think it's better to go for it and do it. I got a bit anxious about it. I would've gone out more but I had to spend all bloomin' day waiting for the midwife to show up!

we first went out on day 6 to take her for her heal prick test at the hospital (about 8miles away) and came home via mothercare for some bits i hadn't got (god no's how that happened :rofl:) it was quite painful and i couldn't drive but that was only because i ended up with an emergancy c-section. good luck honey, i'm sure your be out and about quickly, showing off your little one :hug:

I took Ben to collect his big sis from nursery the day after he was born, the next day I took both kids to softplay, we have been out somewhere everyday since.

I think its good to get out, if you can.

Nicola

I was in hospital for 4 days after he was born, so unless you count the day we bought him home in the car (day 5), we took him out in the pram on day 6 for an hour long walk around the village where we live. I was told to take him out as much as possible, but not in direct sunshine as he had jaundice and it cleared up really quickly after we did this. I´ve tried to get out at least once a day ever since.

At 10 days,a walk to the store and for mommy to grab her Starbucks coffee :blush:

Kieran the day we got out of hospital when he was 2days old.

Paige the day she was born, had to nip to shops x

We had to go to the doctor 5 days after the birth, was horrible. Took public transit and I was still in pain, just awful. We took her out 10 days after the birth to visit some co-workers and that was nice :D

five days in hospital...day we came out we had to go to scrap yard to scrap oh's car!!! that looks good in the baby book!!!!

out the same day with kira cos needed a bottle warmer.

with kacy i was out after 3 days and went my parents the same day out off hospital

Took Dec out when he was 4 days old, went for lunch with Dan and OH, didnt enjoy it I was still in a lot of pain and had to stop every 5 mins to catch my breath, didnt know a c-section and a hemorrage (sp) could make you short of breath!!!!!

With Dan I was in hospital for 4 days so it was day 6 before I took him out shopping at Adams!!!

i wasnt allowed out for the first 2 and half weeks because MW said i was bleeding to heavy, i thought id go mad being stuck in all that time, i took brendan around the town as soon as i could proud as could be at everyone staring in the buggy at him lol

we left hospital 2 days after Lilly was born and headed to asda to pick up some shopping on our way home from the hospital :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->