Out of my mind upset pls help **UPDATED pg4!**

aww! Your bean is absolutely fine. He's just playing hide and seek with ya. It's just too early dear, please don't worry. All's fine *hugs*

My OB could not find the heartbeat for both of my children until well after 13 weeks. This is why I would never get one of those...because I would be totally stressing just like you. :hug:

I bought one the other day and i cannot hear nothing yet mine says reccommended from 21 weeks so i'm not worrying myself x x

To be fair, a lot of girls say they "feel" or "hear" the heartbeat at such an early stage, when in reality, they are feeling their own pulse and blood pumping as your heart works so much harder during pregnancy and there is an increase of blood.

I heard my baby heartbeat around 9 weeks on my doppler and it was beating at 164bpm, so if thats my heartbeat then i had better get myself straight to the hospital!!!!!!!!! My heartbeat doesn't go above 60-65 :haha:

To be fair i paid for for a private scan at 8weeks and knew where to look

To be fair, a lot of girls say they "feel" or "hear" the heartbeat at such an early stage, when in reality, they are feeling their own pulse and blood pumping as your heart works so much harder during pregnancy and there is an increase of blood.

So take things you read and hear with a grain of salt - if many women's doctors can't hear it or struggle WEEKS after your date (12 weeks+), do you really think girls are actually hearing the HB at home??? Maybe some do, but likely not.

Pregnant girls (especially their firsts) are just so keen on believing every pump and gas bubble is the baby, but it often isn't, especially in 1st tri.

I have absolutely no doubt about hearing the hb at 8 weeks and I have listened to it at least weekly ever since. I am not even slightly confused between the two, my own hb is around 65bpm and baby is 145/150bpm. This was verified at my scan yesterday when the sonographer registered it as 148bpm.

Every woman is different and it's more down to individual circumstances whether you hear it early or not. Implying that those of us who do hear it are disillusioned and hearing what we want to hear is frankly quite rude and narrow-minded. By your logic, the worried lady who started this thread should be able to hear a hb because she's so desperate to.

Please try not to worry, midwives usually won't even try to find the HB on a doppler until your 16 week appointment. Even then it takes a few minutes to find it!
It really really doesn't mean anything's wrong :hugs: xx

when I had my first midwife appointment at 9+3, the midwife refused to even try and find the heartbeat. she said it was so hit and miss at that stage, and she didn't want to worry me if she couldn't find it.
My 12 week scan however, has shown a healthy baby with a good heartbeat.

Put the doppler away!!!

I agree with the others...I think its a little too early to find it yet. Try not to worry hun x x x

i think dopplers are a terrible idea, i wouldnt have one given, the doctor and midwife told me they cause 2 much worry and stress. if you dont no how to use it right you wont be able to find a HB also the baby might have been in a very awkward position.
please dont worry yourself xxxx

Hi hun try not to worry 9weeks is so early to try and listen to the babys heartbeat with a doppler, your uterus is still under the pelvic bone making it hard to find. Also baby could be low down also. Dopplers can offer some reassurance to woman, but they also can undoubtenly upset many women whom dont find a heartbeat eg baby in a awkward spot. Midwives can also find it hard to find a heartbeat using a doppler thats why its not recommended to listen to the babys heartbeat till after 20weeks .
Take care x

Its far too early to find a heartbeat yet hun

midwives wont even look for it before 16wks!! put it back in its box and forget about it for a good few weeks yet :hug: xx

So take things you read and hear with a grain of salt - if many women's doctors can't hear it or struggle WEEKS after your date (12 weeks+), do you really think girls are actually hearing the HB at home??? Maybe some do, but likely not.

Pregnant girls (especially their firsts) are just so keen on believing every pump and gas bubble is the baby, but it often isn't, especially in 1st tri.

I have absolutely no doubt about hearing the hb at 8 weeks and I have listened to it at least weekly ever since. I am not even slightly confused between the two, my own hb is around 65bpm and baby is 145/150bpm. This was verified at my scan yesterday when the sonographer registered it as 148bpm.

Every woman is different and it's more down to individual circumstances whether you hear it early or not. Implying that those of us who do hear it are disillusioned and hearing what we want to hear is frankly quite rude and narrow-minded. By your logic, the worried lady who started this thread should be able to hear a hb because she's so desperate to.

I never said girls in the first trimester DON'T hear the heartbeat, but that a lot of them can mistake gas for the heartbeat. Rude and narrow-minded? No, just a reality that a lot (if not most) women at 8 or 9 weeks won't hear it with a doppler. There's a reason medical professionals don't recommend it at that stage or even use it themselves. Just because you were one of the few that were able to hear it doesn't mean that tons of other women don't mistake blood pumping for heart beats - they absolutely do. I don't understand why people take things as rude or narrow-minded when it's just pointing out some confusion that a lot of girls experience in the first trimester, yeesh.

*Big hugs* This happened to me, but i couldn't find the heartbeat until i was 15 weeks and i tried basically every day since i was 7 weeks!

Please try not to worry yourself, it's very rare to find the heartbeat so early on!! xx

I never said girls in the first trimester DON'T hear the heartbeat, but that a lot of them can mistake gas for the heartbeat. Rude and narrow-minded? No, just a reality that a lot (if not most) women at 8 or 9 weeks won't hear it with a doppler. There's a reason medical professionals don't recommend it at that stage or even use it themselves. Just because you were one of the few that were able to hear it doesn't mean that tons of other women don't mistake blood pumping for heart beats - they absolutely do. I don't understand why people take things as rude or narrow-minded when it's just pointing out some confusion that a lot of girls experience in the first trimester, yeesh.

Sorry, but the tone of your original post offended me which is why I reacted so strongly, it made me feel like I was being branded a liar or disillusioned at the very least. I also don't tend to be fond of people making sweeping statistical statements about what is and isn't normal. I'm well aware that some women get confused, but you implied that hearing the hb so early was incredibly rare. You only have to spend 5 minutes looking on these forums to realise that it's surprisingly common.

BTW, my mw routinely checks for the hb from 8 weeks. This may not be common procedure, but it shows that some medical professionals consider it worth trying. I don't see why she would bother if the hb could not heard be so early.

Anyway, it wasn't my intent to start an argument or derail this thread so let's leave it as a difference of perspective. I'm sure you can understand my defensive reaction, but I apologise if my post was harsh or undeserved.

so yesterday at 10+1 (or 9+5) me and oh decided to have another go, promised myself two goes at the most and if i couldnt find anything then i would put it away til after scan, first go found nothing lol so left it for a few hours an i FOUND IT knew what it was straight away as its so fast compared to my hb! Was around 155-160 :):) i cried lol best thing ive ever heard!

I'm glad you found it! That must have been very exciting! I've tried using my doppler twice and all I've managed to find is my heartbeat coming from what I'm guessing is the umbilical cord. I figure if there's blood pumping into my uterus it's a good sign either way though lol.

exciting isnt it? glad you found the little HB

also do add to bex post, I found the HB at 9 weeks and I have no doubt in my mind that I hear my baby every day since then.
Having had one baby already I know what it sounds like and it irritates me when people insist "its far too early" not pointing any fingers or anything im speaking in general.

All things being equal though, it is unusual to be able to hear the HB this early, that in itself is intended by those who say it to be reassuring to those who can't hear it. According to my docs the MW won't even try listening to it till gone 12 wks, as ON THE WHOLE you can see it but not hear it. I don't get why people are so determined to be insulted on here! Surely this is what conversation is about, different experiences?!

All things being equal though, it is unusual to be able to hear the HB this early, that in itself is intended by those who say it to be reassuring to those who can't hear it. According to my docs the MW won't even try listening to it till gone 12 wks, as ON THE WHOLE you can see it but not hear it. I don't get why people are so determined to be insulted on here! Surely this is what conversation is about, different experiences?!

I agree with sharing experiences but I can see why Bex got a bit upity about it also. I WASNT expecting to hear baby at 9 weeks so when I did it was a total shock... some can hear it, some cant.I didnt even attempt to listen to HB with my first until 22 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->