outgrown bath support - what next?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by xemmax, Jan 26, 2011.

1. xemmax

xemmax mummy in love

oliver is too big for his bath support now at 4 months - so what's the next step up? are there any bigger bath supports around or is it just bath chairs? not sure he'd like the confinement of a bath chair...

what are you using?

2. lrxjessica

lrxjessica Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear the answer to this too. My son has outgrown his reclining bath(he keeps trying to sit up in it also). But...he's not quite ready for big boy baths(not sitting completely unassisted yet).

3. ballena

ballena Well-Known Member

4. xpatchx

xpatchx Wife, Mummy and pregnant!

I used the bath ring, which turned out to be amazing. Gives them a lot of freedom, but obviously it's harder for you because your lo probably doesn't sit up?

The only other thing is a nice bath mat, a towel against the back of the bath (slopey bit) and lay him on that with his bum on the bath mat x

5. Murphy98

Murphy98 Well-Known Member

Our Winnie the Pooh bath came with a hammock type support which our LO has also now outgrown, but it also has a kind of seat build in (ledge) and he can sit on that now - its really nice as his body is more in the water and he can splash around a bit...though we do have to keep a keen eye that he doesn't slip off his seat.

6. A3my

A3my I am so lucky!

I just always have a bath with my LO :haha: I have since he was teeny x

7. KiansMummy

KiansMummy Guest

Ive got the summer deluxe bath support he still fits on that, but the majority of the time he has a bath with me and i hold him. I have got a bath seat for when hes older but he has to be able to sit up unaided to use that xx

8. xemmax

xemmax mummy in love

ooooooh i'd love to bath with him everynight but my boyfriend baths him while i have 20 minutes on my own! the last time i bathed with him he wee'd in my ear :rofl: and the other day he poo'ed in his bath so we're giving him lone bathing experiences for the most part from now on!

the mothercare seat looks good, might have to invest!

9. ttc_lolly

ttc_lolly Mum to 3 girls :)