Outie belly button

Nut_Shake

Reaction score
Hello beautiful ladies!

Just wanted to ask... My boy has a very sticky out belly button right now, he's 8 weeks old. Does this mean he will have an outie belly button forever? I just wanted to see if anyone knew!

xx

Omar had an outie belly button, it's starting to go in recently.

My first boy had a half and half one, wasn't out, wasn't in - was at the same level as the rest of his belly. His is fully in now x

I noticed this with Charlie too and turned out he had an umbilical hernia, he also has an outie belly button even now that the hernia is gone. My oldest also has one and always has

We thought our LO had a big outie, but also turned out to be an umbilical hernia. We went to see a consultant who said majority of them correct themselves, if it hasn't by the time Amber's 1 she may have to have an op. It has improved drastically though so fingers crossed an op won't be needed! x

Will's got and outie and has done since birth, I doubt it will go in now :)

My LO had an umbilical hernia too - he has a really cute outie now!
xx

Harry's got an umbilical granuloma, poor little dude, which is a little blob of moist spongy tissue stuck to it where it hasn't healed properly :(

There's a photo of one on this link which looks a bit like his:

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/0415/p1590.html

Luckily it's going away now that we're getting it treated with silver nitrate, and he'll probably end up with a cute outie instead! Will have to see how it looks later on :)

Oh bless him! Glad it's getting treated!

Ayden doesn't seem to have that, its just round and poking out :)

I don't know about your baby but I had an outie belly button until I was at least 7 years old, not sure when it went it...?

Oliver also has a herniated belly button like other babies. Nothing to worry about and should just heal itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->