• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

ov tests

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
when is it best to use them? ive never really used them before? which days and what time of the day?:kiss:

I used to test around 10am and 5pm when it was getting near fertile time. Id start on cd10 but it depends on your cycle length.

It depends on your cycle and when you have time, but I just started to use them this month (first real month TTC #2). I started testing in the morning from CD10. I usually ov around CD16, though last month it was 17. Ideally, the best time to do them is afternoon or early evening, but I work and often don't get home til early evening some days, so testing regularly is a bit of a hassle unless I do it in the morning. So I did it every morning from CD10. They were clearly negative until CD13 when I got a nearly positive one in the morning. So then I tested in the evening on CD13 just to confirm that it would be positive (it was). I tested again morning and evening on CD14 just to confirm the LH surge had happened and was done. Basically, you get a surge of hormones about a day or two before you ovulate and that's what you're testing for. So I kept testing until the positive began a definite negative again, which was the evening of CD14, and I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD14, about 12-24 hours after that positive reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"