OV with PCOS Question

ColeNBri0105

Reaction score
Ok, so I was just diagnosed with PCOS about a month ago and have been on Metformin and Clomid as instructed since. From day 12 of my cycle (as stated by my doctor) I began doing my OV testing with CB strips. I've yet to have any surge in my LH levels and been testing for over a week :growlmad: This morning I believe I've had some spotting. Is this normal? Have any of you had this same problem? I haven't ovulated in over 2 years so I'm not really sure what I should be looking for :shrug:. Any suggestions?

Hi i was told not to use ov test whilst i was on clomid when i asked why they said that people with PCOS do not get an accurate reading so the sure way to find out if you have ovulated is through blood test.

are you getting follicule tracking (scans)? they give you a rough idea of when you will be realeasing the eggs.

i got spoting with mucus in it.

Well my doctor gave me a paper going along with the clomid saying to test days 12-15 of your cycle. I started that but because my periods were so wacked before I began taking the medicine (and b/c I hadn't seen a surge) I kept testing through day 15.

They never mentioned a follicule tracking though.

Well my doctor gave me a paper going along with the clomid saying to test days 12-15 of your cycle. I started that but because my periods were so wacked before I began taking the medicine (and b/c I hadn't seen a surge) I kept testing through day 15.

They never mentioned a follicule tracking though.

oh thats a bit weird that they dident offer you follicule tracking as you would have had a rough idea of when the eggs would be realeased or if you were responding well to treatment.

i had follicule tracking for the first cycle which gave me a rough idea of when i would realease the eggs i also tryed ov tests(even though they asked me not to) and got apositive on cd 15 and also got cd 21 blood test which confirmed ovulation.

arent they gonna atleast do bloods to see whether you ovulated?

I had spotting about 6 days after starting metformin and ovulated 5 weeks after that. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->