Ovarian Cycts

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
Hey girls... Im posting this in here because I think I can get better help here.

Its been along time since I have had any cysts... years really so I think I kinda forgot what it feels like... but I think they have come back. Im not going to jump off to the Drs just yet because there is really not much they can do but thought I can post my symptoms and see what you all thought.

For the past few months my periods have gotten pretty bad... They come on time, but they have been heavy and mostly I have really bad cramps with them. This month however, My period came 3 days early and lasted longer then usual. and it was heavy for longer than normal. I have been off AF for over a week and I am still really bloated. and my ovaries ache. They ache more when I sit and if I have tight pants on. I also find that I have some back aches with it. I am more comfy sleeping on the couch. I have been taking some anti inflamitories and that seems to help.

The last cysts I had were just simple cysts and were not to big and the Dr just changed my birthcontrol pills to make it go away. Im not at a point in my life where I want to go back on the pill... I have worries with my age and going back on the pill. So everything I read says that these things can go away in about 8 to 12 weeks. Does this sound like cysts or should I worry about something else and go see the Dr. I just hate waisting money to be told that what Im doing is the only thing that can be done at this time.

What are your thoughts...

:hugs: Suz

My niece had cysts and would get very painful and heavy periods. Hers didn't go away on their own and she eventually had to have them removed. Honestly I think you should go ahead and have it checked. It never hurts right? :hugs:

i think the same suz...i had cysts remove when i was younger and the polyp remove back in January...
Go to the doctor give then your sympthons...and see with them what is best solution for you...it's not fair for you to suffer like during AF...no one like to see the doc but it's good to have a real good look down there once in the while anyway:)

I think when it gets to the point where you're in pain it's best to see a medical opinion hun :hugs:

I have PCOS but I'm not sure if that's the same thing, but it does cause a lot of the same symptoms.

There is some good information here:
https://www.fpwa.org.au/resources/ovariancysts.pdf

Hope you feel better soon hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"