Ovarian Cyst - anyone know anything?

Waiting Mommy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got ultrasound results over the phone and a small ovarian cyst was detected on my left ovary. I understand there are cysts that can form that are harmless, and only five percent are cancerous, but I'm tripping out here.

I'm eleven weeks postpartum, and I have a beautiful baby girl named Harmony.

If anyone could shed any light on this subject, I'd really appreciate it. Has anyone else had a cyst?

Help!

Hi, try not to panic they are very common and most of the time harmless and go away themselves.
I had/have (?) 2 and had no problems the whole pregnancy.
You also have a pregnancy cyst that protects the ovary - you'll have to google that for more info :hugs:

I had one that was 10cm x 15cm. My tummy stuck out and when the gynaecologist diagnosed it, he didn't even have to do an internal ... he felt it through my abdomen.

It was removed, along with the right ovary and tube. Note that for small cysts this wouldn't be necessary, I wouldn't think, it was just that mine was so big it had more or less destroyed the ovary it was attached to, and the tube.

On scan (before surgery) it was found to be completely benign, full of fluid - no solid matter at all. :thumbup:

That was February 2006 - we decided to try for a baby last November (but thought it would take a while) ... got pregnant first try, and the result is lying snoozing in the moses basket next to me. :cloud9: :happydance:

Try not to worry - easier said than done I know - but the odds are in your favour. Good luck :hugs:

I had several ovarian cysts on my left ovary just over 4 yrs ago & 1 of them was growing at an alarming rate so i was booked to get keyhole laparoscopy sp? to remove them but i then found out i was pregnant so the op was cancelled, They said pregnancy more often than not makes them disappear & yep they did. They even checked when i got pregnant this time & found a little " something " but couldn't confirm it was a cyst.

When they get to a certain size they will offer to remove them, or if they start causing quite severe discomfort/pain like mine did.
To be honest hun far as i know it is quite common having cysts on an ovary. Don't freak out hun the docs will remove if need be :)

I had a cyst on my left tube. I had no idea, didn't have any pain or anything during pregnancy, it was only when I had my emergency c section that they discovered it as it had twisted up on itself and gone gangrenous (sp?). They told me this mid op... Anyway, they removed it and 4cm of my fallopian tube. I arranged an appointment with my consultant up at the hospital afterwards, and was told that fertility will remain the same, my only problem is that I now have 15% more chance of having an ectopic pregnancy.
All I can suggest is speak to someone for advice, just to put your mind at rest. It's worrying not knowing what it means!

I've had 3 laproscopic surgeries to remove ovarian cysts. It's totally fine, and a very low risk procedure. In fact, it I didn't even stay in the hospital overnight, was admitted as an outpatient and went home afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't plesant by any means, but not unbearable. They're normal. :)

I had a cyst, I had no idea until it ruptured! It was really painful and I went to the hospital, I thought my appendix was going to- or had- burst or I was having an ectopic pregnancy or something!

From my understanding, the pill can prevent most ovarian cysts.. not treat them but prevent them. And I think* in most cases you only need to worry about the ovarian cancer link if you are 40+ but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->