ovarian cyst

calebsmom06

Reaction score
I went to the dr 3 weeks ago for stomach pain. He did a pelvic ultrasound and said I have a 2.4 cm cyst on my left ovary. He prescribed me provera to take to induce my period since I have not had one for 3 months then he said the day vBulletin i start my leriod to take birth control pills for 2 months and they should dissolve the cyst. My periods have never been irregular. I am usually to the day every month. After taking the provera for 7 days 10mg and waiting now 16 days I never did start. I called the dr and spoke with a nurse she told me the dr said to take a pregnancy test and if negative to call monday that they may need to try a different medication. I took the pregnancy test and it was negative. I do not understand why the provera did not work. Ive been getting hot flashes and mild fever (99-100) since stopping it. Also on and of pain through ovary/stomach cramps. Should I request bloodwork? Should he have already done bloodwork? Could the cyst have grown? I guess I wont know if its grown unless he does another ultrasound. I am 30 and average weight. Im not sure what to think. It worries me that the medication did not work to induce period.

I would at least request it- if there is something they can check for. Maybe just normal blood panels to make sure all levels are in normal randge? IDK> Sorry no great advise- But good you go back at least and discuss the other option.

Hope it's all sorted soon hun :hugs:

I'd request blood work, especially for your hormones, to make sure everything is okay. I was in a very similar situation as you in April with an ovarian cyst and in May I found out I have PCOS after getting blood work done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->