Ovarian cysts and ovulation?

KatO79

Proud Mommy to Alexander
Reaction score
So my 4th IUI failed and at my cyst check on CD3 on Wednesday they found a small cyst at 10 mm and a larger one in the other ovary at around 20-25 mm (this was the ovary I Oed from for IUI #4). So we're on a forced break this cycle :(

So my question is this: I've heard cysts delay O but does a cyst always do that? And if it delays O, by how much on average?

Thanks to anyone who answers :flower:

Hi Kat,
During my first iui I had 5 follicles over 15mm, and multiple around 10mm.
I never had an ultrasound after that cycle wasn't successful but my clinic requires me to take a month off between iuis because most women develop cysts on injectables. They said especially with my numerous small follicles. So they assumed that I'd have cyst(s).
So this cycle off, I actually ovulated earlier then I ever have in the past 2 years!
Not sure if that was anything to do with the cysts but I was shocked! It was literally a week earlier then normal and even earlier then my forced ovulation during iui.
Hopefully you don't have to wait too long!

Thank you so much for answering Timetotry:flower:

Ok I didn't have any cysts after IUIs #1-#3 so guess I was lucky and they'd even upped my dose of Puregon which was first 50 IU, then 66 IU and the next 2 at 75 IU. I had 2 follies for IUI #1-3 and 1 follie for IUI #4.

I'm thinking I might not wait so long because I'm getting my watery CM pretty much on time (even with a bit of EWCM mixed in). So I'm thinking I'll most likely O around CD13 like I normally do on a natural cycle (I'm CD9 today) but we'll see.

It's just because I was told I could expect delayed O because of the cysts, especially the big one. I was wondering in that case how much O could be expected to be delayed.

Hope your next IUI brings you a positive result :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->