Ovarian cysts during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bumpbella, Oct 9, 2013.

1. bumpbella

bumpbella Member

I had my first Ultrasound today and saw my punkin bean's heartbeat for the first time ! YAY!!!

My doc also saw two ovarian cysts...and didn't seem concerned at all...said they would dissolve throughout my pregnancy. I was wondering...is that normal?

2. pinkpassion

pinkpassion 3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete

I have been told the cysts are normal, its what helps maintain the pregnancy! :)

3. baby25102011

baby25102011 Stay Strong

Yep normal, they are normally formed from where you ovulate - I've ha them in both my dd pregnancy and this one :flow:

4. LucyLake

LucyLake Well-Known Member

Cysts are awesome and proof it's viable! I had a 4.5 cm cyst on my right ovary, it almost covered the entire thing. Guess what? It's how my body made natural progesterone to support my pregnancy with my twin boys! :happydance:

Hang in there, it will start dissipating around week 12 and might involve a bit of cramping. But, it's a VERY GOOD thing <3

5. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

I have had Normal cysts and abnormal - neither was any major concern although the abnormal was monitored closely (I also had a very large ovarian cyst removed years ago - it weighted 3kg). Abnormal cyst remained but didn't grow, it was still there at my last check 6mth ago