• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ovarian cysts?

Pne1985

Reaction score
I'm 5+2 weeks pregnant. I have been noticing sharp pains around my ovaries when I sneeze or move a certain way. This used to happen to me when I wasnt pregnant but I thought it was maybe around ovulation. When it did it. Is this normal for early pregnancy? And it is on both sides? Will it go way eventually?
I don't remember this with my other 2 pregnancies. But this time around, I am way more aware with what is going on with my body, since my mc last fall. TIA! :)

Totally normal. Could be stretching pains or a small cyst. Neither would be cause for worry. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I had an ovarian cyst with one of my pregnancies. The only real threat they have is if they are large enough to torse or rupture, and mine was. Unfortunately, the surgery to correct it has a high risk of miscarriage but meanwhile I would lose the ovary and possibly the baby if the cyst turned or ruptured. Now for the good news! My pain was very much just on the side of the cyst. My gyn could feel my cyst both externally and internally before she even confirmed it with an ultrasound. I was miserable. It hurt to walk. I almost lost my job. It was bad. So I think what you are experiencing is just normal pregnancy stretches and aches. :). It never hurts to get things checked out, but i think you are perfectly good :)

It's also worth mentioning that mosts cysts don't go that way. I had them with two pregnancies, and neither grew above about 2cm. Most often, they shrink and are reabsorbed by about 12 weeks. I just had a scan yesterday and learned that mine has disappeared already. So yes, they can become a problem but the vast majority of them don't.

Thanks ladies. Yea, mine isn't/aren't painful unless iake a sudden move like sneezing, stretching or whatnot so I don't think I need to worry. But will mention it at my first appointment. Why would I have one on each though? And I'm pretty sure it's more ovaries, because it's similar to the feeling when I ovulate.

As amygdala mentioned, the hormones from pregnancy can exacerbate cysts. So a lot of women get pregnancy related cysts. They just typically stay small or get reabsorbed. Mine was like almost as large as the ovary, it was pretty bad. I'd bring it up just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"