ovary pain and late period, i don't know who to ask.

tkeith8109

Reaction score
Ok so friday morning I had the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It was like someone was squeezing my left ovary and twisting it. It lasted about an hr then finally stopped but when it was happening i was screaming in pain. It hasn't happened again but now my period is 2 days late. Last month I had a weird period where it was heavy for 2 days then stopped then I would gush one a day for the next 3 days and that had never happened either. I'm worried that I have something wrong and I called the dr but they never called back. Could this be a cyst? Or worse an ectopic pregnancy? I want to wait a few days before taking a test so I know its accuracte. And I also know I ovulated on time. I know when i was 3 times before I would get ovarie pains and twitches and thatbwas my sign when I knew i was pregnant. I just dont know whats going on, but maybe some insight will help.

i would test, it will show by now if you are pregnant if you are late
good luck!

It sounds like it could be a cyst or an ectopic pregnancy. I'm not a doctor, but I know that ectopic pregnancies can be very painful and also dangerous, so I would take a test now if I were you! I agree with the previous poster that it should show up by now. Cysts can also be painful, so if your test is negative, maybe scheduling an appointment with you GYN would be a good idea. A few months ago, I had some pretty big cysts on my ovaries (doctor saw them on ultrasound at a yearly check up) and they gave me some lower abdominal pain off to the sides where my ovaries would be. I also have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome where I can get cysts on my ovaries and my periods can be late or not come at all some months. You don't have any risk factors for PCOS, do you?

Hi tkeith,

How are you feeling now? That sounds painful and stressful :(

I agree with the other posters, and it's better to err on the side of caution with such important stuff. If you haven't already, take the test for sure, and then call the doctor again and try to get in soon for an appointment.

Good luck, and when you get a chance, update us and let us know how you're doing :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"