• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ovary pain?

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Just wondered if this was normal? I don't remember having it with DS but I am having some pain in what I think is my left ovary (in that region anyway). Has anyone else has it? It's not agony but it comes and goes throughout the day and is more a dull ache.

Thanks x

I had pain on my side when I first found out I was pregnant (actually started before I knew, I would guess maybe from week 2 - week 6). The doctor thought it was pain from the ovary that the egg came from.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I ovulated from my left ovary, felt a bit of pain there around the time I got a OPK+

I posted something similar last week, I was 4 weeks and I was really worried, I'm now 5 + 4 and it's pretty much gone so must just be stretching :) how far are you? Xx

I'm 6+4, I didn't have it at the beginning. Definitely have some stretching too - just rolled over in bed quickly and it was pretty sore!

Yep! I have had it every day, on and off, since about 3.5 weeks along. I ovulated from that side and saw the cyst on a scan.

Same here. Had a cyst on side I ovulated from. It's common & sometimes it can grow & cause issues. Most of the time it resolves. Mine disappeared by 12 wk scan.

When I had my early scan, the doctor explained that the ovary that released the egg that got fertilised has a special hormonal role to play for the first few weeks. And thinking back, yes, it's the side that I had some random stretching pains in, especially when turning in bed or moving too fast.

I have that pain at the moment on the right hand side. When I saw my GP last week she ordered bloods to check my hormones which I don't get the results for till this Thursday :( hate waiting. I had really sharp pains the other night so rang early pregnancy and they booked me in for a scan in the morning. My doctor did discuss the possibility of it being ectopic cause of the pain in having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"