• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ovary twinges and mild cramping right after period?

psychochick

Reaction score
I couldn't find any other threads on this, although I think the search functionality is probably not very good.

For both this cycle and last cycle, I've felt twinges in my ovaries and slight cramping shortly after period is over like CD6-8, and then it would stop. The twinges are on both sides, sometimes at the same time. Last cycle, I got the exact same feeling again at CD13 except only on the right which sounds like actual ovulation, also confirmed by OPK and temping. However, it's still not clear to me why I'm feeling the similar things CD6-8.

I've read online that ovarian pain/pelvic pain before ovulation is when follicles are starting to mature so that probably explains it and my gyno says pelvic pain is normal if it only lasts a few days. However, I'm almost 100% sure I've never had this before now, whereas this is now the second cycle with this so I'm thinking it might become the norm for me from now on. I was wondering if it's one of those things that come with age, or does it mean my ovaries are having trouble developing eggs or something? Did anyone else also develop this over time?

Just really wondering if it's normal or if I've developed something bad. :wacko:

I have heard that if you have pains on both sides then its your ovaries getting ready to release the egg and if you feel it on one side it means the egg is released and is moving down the tube. It is just gonna be a normal thing for you from now on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"