Over 40 and TTC

LilBabyOwl

Reaction score
I thought I would introduce myself and hopefully meet some other women in my shoes. I remarried in February 2017 a very sweet man much younger than me. When I divorced my first husband, we had 6 children together. I honestly never thought I'd have any more children. I was blessed 6 times over.

My current husband and I had a surprise pregnancy shortly after we married in February. I was feeling off and realized my period had not come. I didn't really think at my age I'd have gotten pregnant. I did. I miscarried at 8 weeks. We both mourned the loss and decided that it was meant to be. We went about our daily lives. Recently the topic of TTC came up. He is a great stepdad to our children so while he would like a child, he's also really fine if it never/can't happen.

However I feel like at 27, he may wish that we at least tried when he gets older. We had the conversation about TTC and are going to start trying. I know the odds are not in my favor and I'm not sure we will pursue anything further than TTC on our own.

I've started a super foods health plan, added in kale, almonds, red bell peppers, oatmeal, lean meats (GH free), berries, etc. I'm also doing a full cleanse, meaning no more wine at all, no coffee and no sugar (other than from fruit). Also going to step up my game on the exercise side of things.

Any suggestions for other things I could be doing (besides lots of sex, got that covered with him being so young lol).

I am 42 and just had a miscarriage in mid May with D&C June 8th with just fermara and timed intercourse. We were over moon, then sad now anxiously waiting to try again. So Im feeling hopeful can get pregnant again after years of failed fertility treatments. There is hope! Keep me posted! And good to meet you.

sorry not use to this site yet, I am sorry also for your loss. I lost mine about 8 weeks too. But , your more fertile now. And many women are waiting to conceive til later. So your not alone. Baby dust to you! I would also take CQ10, DHEA, and look into chinese herbs to help with uterine lining such as Dong Quai Root. Look into fertility massage too. And acupuncture for blood flow.

Hello! I'm 39 and TTC #2. I loss my son at 21 weeks last year. This is our 5th month TTC 2 IUI's and the rest natural. I am taking Soy Iso, Geritol, and lots of vitamins!
Good luck to us all!!

You might consider having acupuncture and practicing fertility yoga that surely help you improve your mind and body state

Good luck to you. I got pregnant naturally 2 months before turning 46, so it can happen. We weren't even trying so I was doing nothing special. Heck, the month I got pregnant we only dtd one time. I just feel so lucky and blessed. (She's my only child. I had several miscarriages when younger and then told I'd never have kids) Wishing you all the best and to all the ladies wanting a child.

I thought I would introduce myself and hopefully meet some other women in my shoes. I remarried in February 2017 a very sweet man much younger than me. When I divorced my first husband, we had 6 children together. I honestly never thought I'd have any more children. I was blessed 6 times over.

My current husband and I had a surprise pregnancy shortly after we married in February. I was feeling off and realized my period had not come. I didn't really think at my age I'd have gotten pregnant. I did. I miscarried at 8 weeks. We both mourned the loss and decided that it was meant to be. We went about our daily lives. Recently the topic of TTC came up. He is a great stepdad to our children so while he would like a child, he's also really fine if it never/can't happen.

However I feel like at 27, he may wish that we at least tried when he gets older. We had the conversation about TTC and are going to start trying. I know the odds are not in my favor and I'm not sure we will pursue anything further than TTC on our own.

I've started a super foods health plan, added in kale, almonds, red bell peppers, oatmeal, lean meats (GH free), berries, etc. I'm also doing a full cleanse, meaning no more wine at all, no coffee and no sugar (other than from fruit). Also going to step up my game on the exercise side of things.

Any suggestions for other things I could be doing (besides lots of sex, got that covered with him being so young lol).

I just tested and I believe I have my BFP...HERE IS WHAT i DID....
If this is my true BFP.. Here is what I did this cycle. I do have PCOS as well...

I took Soy Isoflavones CD (cycle day) 3-7

Then I started Geritol (tonic) everyday until my BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) (yesterday)

Prenatal vitamin daily (lunch time)

COQ10 daily (around 2-3pm)

Zinc, Magnesium, calcium combo in one vitamin- daily at dinner

Progesterone starting 5dpo

I ate pineapple core 1dpo-5dpo (even though I only ate it on 4dpo and 5dpo)

I ate Brazil nuts after ovulation (helps aid in implantation)

Drank Pom juice during Ovulation period up until BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) (to thicken uterine lining)

An update: We tried for about two months and I just kind of decided not to even think about it. And in fact with my 46th birthday looming that coming October, I thought I was nuts to even think about trying to get pregnant on my own or at all. Fast forward to this past Saturday and I realized I was 4 days late. I had an old pregnancy test and decided to pee on it, this is the trick to getting your period to show up I feel like whenever you are a bit late.

Much to my surprise it turned bright pink immediately. I just stared and was like No. No way. Wait, yeah, this is real. It explained so many weird symptoms over the past week, I was having hot flashes and previously hadn't had any menopause symptoms so I figured this was it. My hair was sticky. I was getting heartburn which I don't normally get and just kind of threw out my keto diet which is weird considering how strict I'd been.

I am 4 week 6 days. I made my appointment with the OB today which is on the 21st. I will be a day over 6 weeks. I'm not sure if they will scan that day or a few days later. As first when making the appointment the receptionist was confused and gave me a date for January 21st and I was like that's kind of far out for someone my age who's pregnant isn't it? "OH you're pregnant? I didn't understand when you said initial appointment." Of course I'm at work trying not to talk to loud or say much so I wasn't helpful.

I'm keeping news close to my heart for now. I'm being very positive and am confident all is going well and will continue to go well. I will update after the 21 about my appointment if there is anything new to tell or at least after a scan.

Hey, Congratulations! Wishing you a healthy 9 months.

I am 42 and married to a 31 year old myself.... :D

Congratulations! Am 45 and 5 weeks preg after donor IVF myself.
Take good care of yourself just now. My acupuncturist has advised no belly exertion at all. No vacuuming, no lifting, no carrying, no shoveling snow. Eat well and keep your feet warm and hope we both can enjoy the ride from here one step at a time!

I ended up miscarrying. I had a visit with my midwife, she has ordered bloodwork to be sure hormones are where they should be. Checking thyroid. I have an ultrasound to check for Fibroids tomorrow. I have to get more blood work in a few days as she's counting this as a normal cycle but I think those numbers will not be accurate as I still had HCG in my system right up until a few days ago. :/ She wants to see if I'm ovulating. I was like, clearly I am, I got pregnant. But she also wants to check my progesterone levels. I've never had this kind of testing but because I never had infertility issues. And I know old age isn't the same as true infertility. Anyhow, I will keep updating. Maybe something I share helps someone else.

I ended up miscarrying. I had a visit with my midwife, she has ordered bloodwork to be sure hormones are where they should be. Checking thyroid. I have an ultrasound to check for Fibroids tomorrow. I have to get more blood work in a few days as she's counting this as a normal cycle but I think those numbers will not be accurate as I still had HCG in my system right up until a few days ago. :/ She wants to see if I'm ovulating. I was like, clearly I am, I got pregnant. But she also wants to check my progesterone levels. I've never had this kind of testing but because I never had infertility issues. And I know old age isn't the same as true infertility. Anyhow, I will keep updating. Maybe something I share helps someone else.

I'm so sorry hun :hugs:

Thank you Bevziibubble :*

I should add I took some advice that was previously shared.

I'm currently taking the following:
As always Prenatal
Enzyme Q10 (egg health)
Vitamin E (uterine health)

I have Soy Isoflavones which I won't be starting until after AF since it's hard to know what day I'm on and I am wanting to focus on a single strong egg.

I also am proactively taking Iodoral (iodine) as even though I haven't had any confirmation of a thyroid issue, I do suspect my thyroid has been at least slightly underactive as I have constant breast tenderness that gets much worse when ovulating. I suspect I'm estrogen heavy and am trying to rebalance my hormones. Again I will keep sharing as I go through the process. I hope for a baby at the end but I will at least know I'm healthier if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"