Over 42

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by Jazzbird, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Jazzbird

Jazzbird Well-Known Member

I'm almost 44 and have been TTC baby number 2 for 3 years on and off. My daughter was born in 2014 and for various reasons (husband had chronic fatigue) we didn't start trying for number 2 til I was 39. Then I started getting serious eye ulcers and docs put me on meds which disallowed pregnancy. So started active ttc 18 months ago.

I'm heartbroken that it hasn't happened. My husband is against ivf and I know I'd be turned away because of my age now anyway. He also won't consider adoption. I just can't shake this feeling my family isn't complete.

Otherwise healthy

2. AngelUK

AngelUK Mum of twin boys

I don't know where you are but a friend of mine had her second baby at 47 with IVF. There are several clinics here in London that I know of who will consider IVF till 48. Maybe see if there aren't any close to you too? If you found info to present to your DH and tell him how heartbroken you are he might reconsider?

I also have a friend who had a surprise rainbow baby boy (and he is perfectly healthy!) at 45 with no help at all. So it can still happen!

Good luck either way. :)

#2 AngelUK, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  3. mimi4

mimi4 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am sorry to know you are going through this. I would recommend doing your own research on IVF clinics, also those that are situated abroad, as some of them do not limit patients' age and even treat women aged 50+. I know that my clinic does not limit age or treats patients up to 50. Stay positive and do not give up. All the best.