Over 42

Jazzbird

Reaction score
I'm almost 44 and have been TTC baby number 2 for 3 years on and off. My daughter was born in 2014 and for various reasons (husband had chronic fatigue) we didn't start trying for number 2 til I was 39. Then I started getting serious eye ulcers and docs put me on meds which disallowed pregnancy. So started active ttc 18 months ago.

I'm heartbroken that it hasn't happened. My husband is against ivf and I know I'd be turned away because of my age now anyway. He also won't consider adoption. I just can't shake this feeling my family isn't complete.

Otherwise healthy

I don't know where you are but a friend of mine had her second baby at 47 with IVF. There are several clinics here in London that I know of who will consider IVF till 48. Maybe see if there aren't any close to you too? If you found info to present to your DH and tell him how heartbroken you are he might reconsider?

I also have a friend who had a surprise rainbow baby boy (and he is perfectly healthy!) at 45 with no help at all. So it can still happen!

Good luck either way. :)

Last edited:
Hi, I am sorry to know you are going through this. I would recommend doing your own research on IVF clinics, also those that are situated abroad, as some of them do not limit patients' age and even treat women aged 50+. I know that my clinic does not limit age or treats patients up to 50. Stay positive and do not give up. All the best.

I have just had a MC but I did get pregnant at 44 naturally.
I also have had IVF at the being of the year because my partner had a problem of no sperm after a medical drug he had to take 5 years ago. As we were doing the IVF it was found that his sperm had returned.
The IVF was for me not so bad but a lot of time and effort went into it, we ended up with 2 and put them back in, I thought that because I had carried 4 babies to term that would be it, but no for us it wasn’t to be.
Due to his sperm returning we have trying and hoping his sperm was back up, when I turned 44 we thought ok that’s enough and the same month I fell pregnant.
We did as I said before had an early miscarriage about 5weeks and 4 days.
But it’s not stopped me thinking it could be possible. Good luck!

Dar Jazzbird,

It sounds like you have been through a lot with your health and your husband's health. That's wonderful you have your daughter! It sounds like with your husband against IVF that is limiting your options. Have you consulted with a fertility clinic? Maybe there is something else to try. Julia Indichova offers wonderful help. There are many emotional issues that can tie in and sometimes working with these is key to conception. I wish you the best!

Dar Jazzbird,

It sounds like you have been through a lot with your health and your husband's health. That's wonderful you have your daughter! It sounds like with your husband against IVF that is limiting your options. Have you consulted with a fertility clinic? Maybe there is something else to try. Julia Indichova offers wonderful help. There are many emotional issues that can tie in and sometimes working with these is key to conception. I wish you the best!
Do you have any experiences with Indichova? I have never heard about her.

I'm 41 next week and also ttc for 10 months.
We had 4 early miscarriages and of course my age is being blamed.
I hate it how oder women get so much discrimination.
Sending u big hugs hon.
Lots of women on here trying at 44 and older.
Praying u get ure miracle

I had my twins at 42. Ok, so I had treatment and conceived my boys via IUI but I wasn't the one with the issues but my OH. No one, not at the clinic nor at my appointments later on at the hospital etc ever mentioned my age as being extraordinary. I know so many women in their early and even mid 40s who are having/had babies. Your age is a factor but you are NOT too old by any means! And I would just like to point out that NOT having babies in our 40s is a thing that came along with the pill, as before many women had kids well into their 40s in earlier times. Charles Darwin's mother had her last baby at 49 and she and it were healthy.

You're not alone. I'm 46 and actively TTC. Miracles can happen!

I had my twins at 42. Ok, so I had treatment and conceived my boys via IUI but I wasn't the one with the issues but my OH. No one, not at the clinic nor at my appointments later on at the hospital etc ever mentioned my age as being extraordinary. I know so many women in their early and even mid 40s who are having/had babies. Your age is a factor but you are NOT too old by any means! And I would just like to point out that NOT having babies in our 40s is a thing that came along with the pill, as before many women had kids well into their 40s in earlier times. Charles Darwin's mother had her last baby at 49 and she and it were healthy.

So true hon.
My nanna bless her heart is 84 and she was telling me this story about how one her mums friends thought she was going through the menopause she was in her late 40s.
Only turned out she was pregnant and had a healthy baby.

Even on soaps like Eastenders Denise had a baby in her late 40s and sharron was 50 and I know they have to do alot of research for there story lines and they have based on fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->