Overdoing it in first tri?

LiLi2

Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible, but is it bad to overdo it in early pregnancy? I have a 1 year old and watch another 1 year old, so I am running around like crazy all day. I often don't get a chance to sit down until the evening. I fix breakfast, then we walk to the park and play for an hour or so, walk home (2-3 miles), I fix lunch, put one boy down and play with the other, then other boy naps, so I don't get a break during nap time, then by the time the daycare kid goes home, I'm fixing dinner and doing bedtime routine with my son. It's 12+ hrs on my feet being very active.

I am only concerned because I feel lots of cramping and pinching when I'm moving around a lot and it kind of freaks me out. This really is probably a dumb question, but phew. I'm exhausted and in bed by 8pm these days! Can overdoing it have harmful effects on early pregnancy?

I think (within sensible limits!) you are ok to remain as active as you were before pregnancy. I have a 1 and a 5 year year old and a fairly physical job, and I'm knackered! But i did the same when pregnant with dd2 and all was fine :flower:

I keep up my normal activities as much as I can but if I get cramps then I do tend to slow down a bit and take a few min to sit and have a drink

My mother was pregnant with two of us while serving in the military and didn't have any problems. If your body is used to all the activity and you listen to it, you should be okay. :flower:

Thanks ladies. Logically, I know it won't have any negative effects. I just feel really worried about this baby for some reason. I don't remember feeling this concerned the first time!
I'm also still nursing my son a TON. My body is just flat out exhausted. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->