Overdue...or am I?

louloubabs

Certified Doula
Reaction score
Hi girls,

This has been bugging me for a while.

My due date by scan was 8th Jan however my due date by ovulation is either yesterday or today (see link to my chart below). Of course the hospital want to go by THEIR date meaning I fell pregnant before I ovulated :shrug:

Do you think I'm right to stick to my guns and refuse induction (if need be) until I am 14 days past MY due date (by ovulation). I'm hoping it won't come to that but I'm so desperate for my home water birth :(

They have booked me for induction any time from 18th onwards but of course I can just say 'no' as 18th will only be 5 days overdue by MY due date.....

Thanks for reading :)

XxX:kiss:

Most definitely! I would still opt for the monitoring just to be sure bubs is still ok in there but definitely just let your body go into labour naturally. I would start getting in writing now that they'll except your home birth past 40+14. If you're ok and bubs is ok then there's no reason why you shouldn't be allowed it. Also speak to your midwife about when you think YOU conceived as it might help her to understand why you feel so strongly about it.

HTH! :flower:

Thanks hun. My midwife is off for the next 6 weeks as she's having surgery or something. Talk about bad timing. Lol. There is a stand in midwife that I saw on Tuesday and am seeing again next Tuesday. I told her when I saw her last about my dates etc and she agreed that my date was more than likely the right one so at least I kind of have her on my side :)

Hopefully it won't come to that but best to be prepared :D

Thanks again.

XxX:kiss:

As long as you feel ok with it - just go with your dates. All you can do is listen to what they tell you and do what you think is right at the time.

I was due 8th Jan last year, but thought the date should be 12th - ended up being induced at 40 +18 - didn't progress and had a c-section - DS wasn't post-date (there was enough fluid and the placenta was healthy), so really I think he would have come out in his own time!

Good luck

I used a donor to conceive both my sons, with my first they had my due date nearly a week before id worked it out to be, meaning i ov'd way before i had the insemination (I only had one insem that cycle) which i believe is impossible! lol He came late by my EDD and arrived on the date id worked out to be my 'real' due date.

With both of them they had my induction date booked in 'just incase' from having my scan at 20 weeks and i just thought it was my only choice to have it once i reach 40+10. I wont be accepting an induction this time i will wait as long as i need to past my EDD, providing baby is happy of course.

Just wishing you the best of luck getting your water birth. This is the first time that my dates and scan dates have matched, it has been out as far as a week in previous pregnancies

Good luck!! x

I'd get your midwife to agree (and put it in your notes) to go with the EDD by ovulation, not scan, as it gives you more time. But remember that it's only an estimate either way. 42 weeks is also a "normal" gestation. Indeed, in France, they give 42 weeks as the EDD instead of 40. And if I got to 42, I'd be inclined to go in for frequent monitoring but, as long as baby is healthy, let baby come when he/she decides he/she wants to be born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->