Overheated and scared

AlyssaDeVaul

Reaction score
Last night I woke up twice extremely hot, my whole body was extremely hot. I had a migraine from hell and i threw up a lot. I'm kind of freaking out because I know overheating can harm your child. Overheating at night, how harmful could it be? Is my baby okay?

My thoughts are you are either sick or just pregnant. I had a few nights like that but I still keep my bbt thermometer next to my bed, and my temp was 98.8. You have to be at a core temp of 102 or more for a prolonged period to hurt the baby. And women do get sick from time to time. The migraine and vomiting makes me think hormones (I get those) or sick, but not overheating. Overheating you are looking for dizziness, clamminess, or profuse sweating. But my point is your bean is far more resilient than you think :). My only advice is take your temp when you feel like that to rule out fever

You are probably fine, I feel hot if I wake up at night and I think it's just hormones. Check your temp and make sure to hydrate. That helps regulate temperature and might help your headache too

That symptom is just fine. I had hot flashes throughout the first trimester with two of my kids, and I would wake up hot and sweaty and did I mention hot?!!!! When I was pregnant with my first, I would hurry up and throw the covers off and try to cool down baby. Hahaha. Looking back, I feel pretty silly that I thought everything would hurt my baby. Way too much Google and pregnancy board horror stories. You're not going to cook your baby by having these night sweats. They're a normal pregnancy symptom, and if it makes you feel better, sleep with your pelvis uncovered so you know what that area is cool. That's what I ended up doing when pregnant with my first-born, and the peace of mind was worth it.. I had the same symptom with my third-born and was all the wiser and didn't let it scare me, but the calmness definitely comes with experience. You're doing just fine, I promise!

I got a pretty high fever during my last pregnancy as I got a nasty stomach bug. The folks at the doctor's office acted like I was crazy to even worry about my pregnancy/baby. So agreed...baby was probably fine. Migraines and vomiting sure aren't fun, though. I hope you're feeling better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->