Overweight and not looking forward to 1st prenatal appointment

I just thought I would drop in. I would say I'm about 100 lbs overweight. I was lighter with my 1st child, but still heavy. I gained about 45 lbs that pregnancy and lost it all in about 3 weeks. Then, for some crazy reason, I packed all of it back on plus another 6 lbs. Come to find out, I had developed post partum thyroiditis. It is a thyroid issue that can come after giving birth. Unfortunately, my son is now 27 month and I'm still hypothyroid, but I fortunately was able to get pregnant again with the help of a RE since I have PCOS.

My weight never came up at my dr. office or how much weight I should gain. They were more concerned about bp, urine, etc. like another poster said. I'm glad your appointment went better than you expected, but if your midwife gives you trouble, find another one! Good luck to you!

I actually gained more weight after my last pregnancy too, instead of just during. I can't even tell you how I've gotten to the size I am now, I usually eat very healthy and it doesn't seem to matter either way! They've tested my thyroid during pregnancy and never any problems...but it does run in my bloodline and I always suspect it could be an issue for me. My birthmother and sister are both overweight too, a lot of it is genetics, I've battled it my whole life. I wonder if I should ask them to test me for thyroiditis as well.

Thanks for your reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->