Overwelmed!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by samantha_sarah, Apr 20, 2009.

1. samantha_sarah

samantha_sarah Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai

The last almost 2 weeks have been crazy! Im feeling exhausted and really overwelmed. Its all so demanding :lol:!

How did everyone feel when they first had their LO's?

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Overwhelmed, exhausted and emotional :lol:

The first couple of weeks hit you like a ton of bricks, but it soon eases up hun :hugs:

3. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

very very overwhelmed with lilly, with lucas i wasn't so overwhelmed more mega tired!

4. Newt

Newt tiny amphibious salamanda

shattered, overwhelmed, emotional, unsure.
    It does get easier these feelings gradually diminish and then comes the glorious day that you are rewarded with a smile, then bubbs sleeps through, then bubbs babbles and squeeks, then bubs sits up, crawls, walks, calls you mama, come to you for cuddles and make you laugh so hard you cry.
    it does get easier :hugs:

5. xxleannexx

xxleannexx Mom to a girl and boy

yeh just overwhelmed, very tired, emotional, very demanding, rewarding! it does get easier, its normal to feel how you are feeling.

6. Ratty

Ratty Well-Known Member

Its normal to feel like that. just remember among all the chaos, that you make sure you get some good food into you, it can make a big difference.

7. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

i just didnt feel human!!

now its the best thing in the world, it does get easier xxx

8. alio

alio Well-Known Member

the first few weeks are gruelling.... to be honest it only started to get really good for me after about the 3 months mark. xxx

9. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Overwhelmed, exhausted and emotional and much more , it settled down after a few weeks ..hang in there hun xx

10. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

:hugs: just the same, exhausted, overwhelmed and emotional! it does get easier honey :hugs: x

11. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

Exhauted, tearful overwelmed!! It gets better u'll start doing all the mummy stuff without even a second thought soon!!!

12. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

The first few weeks are rough, your adjusting to a whole new life! It'll get easier as you get used to it :hugs:
    The first 5 months were so hard for me, the lack of sleep, the fact that Kathryn didn't do all that much (she was very alert and did smile, she just didn't play much), and I was suffering from PND. Now that Kathryn plays, sits up, smiles ALL THE TIME and laughs a lot its so wonderful! She is always in a good mood now, and it's the best thing in the world! She is so happy playing by herself for a while now, so I can get stuff done around the room and work on my art. It's just so amazing watching her grow and change and get aware and purposeful every day.

13. kateqpr

kateqpr Well-Known Member

I was totally overwhelmed for weeks. And the total exhaustion just made it worse. Its only the last week or so it feels like it's starting to fall into place and i'm starting to love being a mum!

14. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

shattered the first few weeks are a blur x x

15. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

Same here. I don't even remember most of the days of that time.

16. vicky9207

vicky9207 Well-Known Member

Overwhelmed, Tried. But IT DOES get easier

17. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

Just like all the others have said, totally overwhelmed. I still feel that way some days, but overall it gets easier as time goes by.

18. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

exhausted, overwhelmed, scared pretty much sums it up :D It does get better like the others said

19. babymama

babymama Mom to Phoenix

Very overwhelmed and tired. I cried everyday for the first 2 weeks. Now onto week 3 and it's already getting a bit better. I'm starting to understand LO a little more so I can help him when he's upset. I'm just very very tired since I take care of LO all day alone (OH works long hours)

20. shampain

shampain Mum to Patrick! :-)

Scared, shattered, overwhelmed, exhuasted, tearful, emotional, i just felt like total crap to be honest...but....it gets sooooo much better and easier and although you love your tiny little new born so much lets be honest...they aint the best company in the world are they...but now since Patrick got to about 10weeks old it gets so much easier...they find a routine and start to be a bit more "with it" Hang in there hun it gets so much better! xxx