Overwhelmed. Need advice

Sunshine24

Reaction score
I have a DD that is one and am lucky and excited to be 8 weeks pregnant with #2. The fact that I even have one child after the infertility struggles we endured is enough of a miracle that I should not ever complain....but

I am overwhelmed!!

I am so blessed to be a SAHM but feeling sooo ill during the first trimester and dealing with a one year old that just decided to fuss way more than normal is really making me feel helpless.

My Dd used to be so laid back but over the past week or two has been fussing like crazy every time I leave the room, change a toy, put her in Car seat , anything. I know its a phase as we have ruled out any sickness and she is not hungry or in need of anything. Any ideas how to deal? Some suggest giving her a bit of alone time to work it out in a play pen and re enter the room when she calms.

I know this sickness of the first trimester will pass in a few weeks and hopefully my daughter will outgrow this "phase" but I really need some advice on how to handle her fussiness and/or how to handle this sickness! My first pregnancy was easy compared to this but that may be because I didn't have a one year old! Hahaha.

My DH is as helpful as can be and so concerned and caring and always encourages me to relax-- so that is not an issue.

Thanks for listening!!

Hi, I'm currently enduring the same thing with my DS of 18 months. I'm 8 weeks pregnant, and he is having HUGE separation anxiety issues to the point where he only wants to be up in my arms. Even at his favorite music and gym classes, he will refuse to take part and just SCREAMS "uppa! uppa mama! up!" at me. It's exhausting and difficult. He doesn't like the car seat, high chair, playing on the floor, sleeping in his crib, etc all because of the separation anxiety.

We actually went through this once before with him at about 13 months, and it took him about 4 weeks to outgrow it and get back to his happy, laid back, typical self.

Could this be separation anxiety for you too maybe? If so I don't have much advice, we basically just had to wait it out here at 13 months and am now trying my best to hold it together and wait it out again. Trust me when I say I know just how hard it can be <3 Good luck mama

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->