Overwhelmed

rockabillymom

Punk Rock Mama of 2
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by all the choices with baby things. Im afraid to buy anything because I dont know whats best plus I just feel like shopping for the baby feels almost surreal. So far everyone has bought us everything and the only thing my husband and I have actually bought for her is a toy.....

I know exactly what you mean sweetie, and if there are safety aspects to consider it makes it an even more daunting task!

All you can do is consider all the options, weigh up the pro's and cons and look at reviews before you make your decision.

I'm sure you have noticed a lot of ladies post on here to see what the general opinion is about things, always helps I find.

I agree!

One minute you can do this next minute theres a study for this and you shouldn't blah blah lol

very confusing sometimes i just research get advice from family and make my decisions from there

yeah I think im going to take my mum with me next time because whenever DH and I go we just sit and stare at everything. I always want to go ahead and buy what I still need but its almost like im afraid.

With larger things I always do alot of research but its always what if I see something better and regret it.... My biggest choice I am struggling with at the moment is a baby monitor... I really like the idea or the ones with the movement sensors, but then I think for when bubs is older I would really like a video one for when we are trying to get them through the night etc..... So many things seem such a big and difficult choice the baby business is basically a licence to print money which doesn't help us girls out xx

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by all the choices with baby things. Im afraid to buy anything because I dont know whats best plus I just feel like shopping for the baby feels almost surreal. So far everyone has bought us everything and the only thing my husband and I have actually bought for her is a toy.....

I was exactly the same with our first. Some people get everything, do a nursery and drive around with a car seat fitted for months - but that just wasn't us at all. We did get most things we needed by the very end but it makes literally no difference when you buy things.

Stress will do no good for your hormones and baby, so just go with the flow and relax. All they really, truly need at first is you. Everything else is just 'things'.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"