ovulated but still no period--can i ovulate this cycle?

djh

Reaction score
I was put on thyroid meds 3 weeks ago.. i know i ovulated as iwas using opks...although they did make me ovulate later...cd 18.. i have ovd that late before. I am now on cd 35 and no period..nver been this late before, and dont think i am pregnant..no symptoms...

what i am wondering is will i still ovulate if i did not have my period? so confused! i haev read yes and i have read no.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to ovulate and not get a period after (unless your pregnant of course) I would say you probably didn't ovulate- a positive opk isn't a 100% sign that your going to ovulate, the only thing that can definitely tell you is a blood test. An opk just picks up on hormones present in the body before ovulation, but your body can go through the motions and gear up to ovulate but not actually do it.

exactly the test shows that the necessary hormone is up (which is required for the ovulation) but doesnt show if it actually happened...i had the same thing one year ago and it turned out that my egg had turned into a cyst(when it gets too big and doesnt break doesnt ovulate)so after 40 days and no period took primolut to get my period...i consulted two different doctors for this situation and they said the same thing

I have to agree with the PP... you ABSOLUTELY CAN ovulate, and not have a period. I know this because I had a baby with no period anywhere in site... I had ONE PERIOD a year, and I had gotten pregnant far from my period.... so I know that you can gt pregnant without a period. My doctor even told me when I told her that I didnt have a period and how the heck am I pregnant? And she said" who told you that you need to have a period to gt pregnant? That's completely false!"

I would get 2-3 different lh surges leading to positive opk's in my cycles before I ovulated sometimes. I finally started charting my bbt to figure out what was going on with my cycle. My body struggled to get an egg to drop. Recommend charting highly chica. Good luck!

I have to agree with the PP... you ABSOLUTELY CAN ovulate, and not have a period. I know this because I had a baby with no period anywhere in site... I had ONE PERIOD a year, and I had gotten pregnant far from my period.... so I know that you can gt pregnant without a period. My doctor even told me when I told her that I didnt have a period and how the heck am I pregnant? And she said" who told you that you need to have a period to gt pregnant? That's completely false!"

You can ovulate and not have a period because your pregnant.
But you can't ovulate without a BFP/ or AF 2 weeks after.
What your saying is you had no period BEFORE you ovulated and fell pregnant. Which is definitely acheivable.
I think you read the question wrong.

My doctor told me your body can ovulate again, I'm CD 102 and she told me even though bloods, opks, temping, cm and cp told me I ovulated cd 21 and I did. I can still ovulate again. So yes you can ovulate more than once without a period in between.

i agree with hopeful "...But you can't ovulate without a BFP/ or AF 2 weeks after."

however when you have pcos thats another totally different issue since with pcos often the eggs turn into cysts instead of washing away in the form of af.so yes if you have pcos you might not have period 2 weeks later(only in this case)

i agree with hopeful "...But you can't ovulate without a BFP/ or AF 2 weeks after."

however when you have pcos thats another totally different issue since with pcos often the eggs turn into cysts instead of washing away in the form of af.so yes if you have pcos you might not have period 2 weeks later(only in this case)

Slightly correct. But you don't ovulate and "then the egg turns to cysts instead of washing away in AF" with pcos you often don't ovulate so the egg doesn't release from the ovarian follicle, it turns to a cyst in the ovary. So no ovulation = no AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->