Ovulating 29/30/31 May? Looking for a TWW buddy? *6 BFPs

Ruby, he's adorable! And believe me, I'm just as surprised as you that Levi is sleeping as well as he is, since all three of the other kids have been horrible, horrible sleepers! The only think I can think of is that DH is the one getting up with him, and he hasn't with our other kids. I seriously think that they sleep worse sometimes when they know that it means snuggles with mommy. When Levi wakes up, DH doesn't cuddle with him. He just sets him on his lap, feeds him a bottle and put him back in his bed, and then gives him the binky if he fusses. That must be the difference, because I'm amazed that he's only eating once in the night, when our others didn't drop to one feed until after they were a year old!

Likewise, Spiffy, my boys were crazy night feeders. Erica was down to 1 or 2 night feeds but seems to have increased again slightly over the last couple of nights. It has been really humid though so she may just be a bit more thirsty. Even so, she's still so much better than the boys.

I managed to get her to stay in her co-sleeping crib for the first stretch of sleep last night and she had a nap in her pram yesterday, so I'm going to continue to try to put her down to see if she gets used to it a bit more. I won't stress if she doesn't stay there for now, but I've definitely been guilty if not even trying recently.

I'm feeling absolutely fine again now. DS2 was sick yesterday but he also was just sick once and then was happy again. I'm hoping nobody else catches it but at least it doesn't seem to last long.

I think you are right Spiffy! I think Charlie just loves his snuggles with me!! Cute but exhausting! I just keep reminding myself that the first year is full of so much growth and development that it's just as tough for them as us!

Ganton, we still haven't even tried putting Levi in his crib yet. For now, he naps and sleep at night in his Rock N Play. But now that he's starting to sleep better, I worry that changing the sleeping situation will set us back. Also, as soon as he moves to the crib, that means we'll have to move DS2 downstairs, which will bump DS1 from using the second crib for naps, which means he'll probably stop napping altogether, which I'm not quite ready for!

Ruby, I also just realized that Charlie is four and half months. You're right in the middle of the four month sleep regression! That's also been our worst month of sleep with each of our babies. I'm definitely not looking forward to that again.

I've read about this regression but with Harry we only had about 2 nights disturbed sleep with it. How long did it go on with you? Any tips? Charlie is getting so worked up at night now going into his cot that last night we just cuddled on the couch until 9 and I took him to bed with me. He seems to want to cuddle for all his sleeps again now 🙈
Just as we were starting to make progress with the cot! Argh 😢

The regression seemed to go on for about 2 weeks, I think, but it's hard to say, because they were all such bad sleepers anyway. :dohh:

Hello lovelies!

I'm happy to read that you are all doing well, and that all of our littles are growing and thriving... except I do wish some of them, mine included, were better sleepers. Charlie, Erica and Levi are such adorable babies. It's so weird seeing their pics now and thinking that at this time last year Ruby and I were newly pregnant and Spiffy and Ganton were still trying. And now I saw that Squirrel is expecting as well... I'm just so happy for all of us!

Felix is doing really well. We've been spending a lot of time at my parents' cottage by the lake, which partially explains my being away so much, there is no internet and only limited phone service up there. Little Felix turned 4 months this week, and he's grown so much! He weighs 15lbs 5oz and measures 64cm (a bit more than 25") and is full of yummy little rolls. He still hates tummy time and doesn't fully roll over yet, only rolling from back to both sides. His reflux issues are still very much a daily challenge, but as long as he takes his medication he is generally a good and happy baby. I wish he was a better sleeper and would nap more during the day, most naps are never longer than 20 minutes unless he's in the car or his stroller. He has started sleeping better at night however. He now only wakes once or twice during the night, which means this mama is getting a bit more much needed rest. He's an early riser, up between 5:30 and 6 every morning without fail, but while school is out this summer I get to sneak in a mid morning nap while DH plays with/watches the baby.

Since you all shared pics of your adorable little ones, here are 2 of mine.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
Wow, Chrissy, he's getting so big! And super adorable! :flower: I'm glad he's sleeping a little better at night, but that really sucks that his naps are so short! My kiddos have all gone through a phase of short naps around 4/5 months old, so hopefully it's just a phase for Felix, too.

And yeah, it's weird to think about how much has happened since we started this thread. I'm just so, so happy that Squirrel is finally pregnant! :flower:

Chrissy what a little cutie!! Charlie's naps can also be short- about 40 mins if in his cot. I lie down with him at his 11am sleep as Harry sleeps then too and he will sleep 1.5-2 hours if in bed with me. At least then I know he gets one long sleep a day.

Sounds lovely to spend time away at a cottage by the lake- how sweet! A little jealous since it's so cold here! 12 degrees all weekend! Boo!

That is an early morning! Charlie will often stir around 5 but I feed him back to sleep until 7-7.30. I really need to look at implementing some better sleep training in a month or so- when he gets closer to 6 months and on solids I think.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx

Hi ladies, how are you all?? Would love an update on how everyone is going!

Charlie had a rough road to good sleep but around 6.5 months he finally started sleeping through the night and lengthening his naps which has been wonderful!! Is tough having a bad sleeper!! He is crawling, standing sns getting into everything!! Harry didn't crawl until nearly 10 months so I'm not used to having an active baby from 7 months!!! Keeps me on my toes!

Harry had been a handful at times. Lots of pushing the boundaries which does my head in. He can be such a gorgeous boy and then flips a switch and drives me crazy!! I'm not the most patient person either.

How are all the babies?? Hope to hear from you xxx

Ruby, thanks for the update! I can't believe Charlie is crawling everywhere and standing already! But thank goodness both he and you are getting more sleep these days. I agree, bad sleepers are the worst. As for Harry, I can totally sympathize. The toddler/preschool age is so difficult! My daughter is super stubborn and pushes my buttons all the time, and my oldest son is super hyper and throws things and hits everyone. Thankfully my two year old is pretty easy going most of the time, but he can be a bit dramatic.

Levi is doing well. He sleeps from 7pm-7am most nights, which is awesome, because the other three kids didn't sleep through the night until after they were a year old. He sits up pretty well, but thanks to some torticollis, he leans his whole body to the right sometimes, which causes him to tip over a lot. None of my kids have crawled before 8 months, so I think we've still got time before he's mobile. ;)

As for me, we were NTNP, but after two chemicals in a row, we decided that maybe we need to take a break and let my body recover from 4 kids in 4 years, so we're WTT until next October. :flower:

So sorry to hear of your chemical Spiffy! That's so horrible! Big hugs to you xxx
I can't imagine being pregnant again or trying for that matter. Possibly because Charlie hasn't been then easiest baby and partly because we always imagined just having 2 so I feel very much done.

Good to know I'm not the only one with a little rascal! I have to really work on my patience with Harry though because getting cross only escalates the situation in most cases!

So glad you got a good sleeper finally! Makes the world of difference once they are sleeping through the night and you feel well rested!!

All the best for you future TTC journey xxx

I should add that the only reason Levi is such a good sleeper is because my husband was the one getting up with him at night (bless his soul). My first reaction when babies wake up at night is to feed them in hopes that they'll sleep longer, but then they end up drinking less during the day because they want to be fed at night. My husband wasn't such a pushover, and sure enough, he started drinking more during the day and sleeping longer at night. I just have no willpower when I'm half asleep! :dohh:

Wow that's a very interesting theory Spiffy!! I'm totally the same, if they wake I just feed because I know it'll get them off quicker in the short term but in the long term it does cause us other problems 😖

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->