Ovulating after a Chemical

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Hi ladies

My first BFP turned into a chemical pregnancy on Monday. The bleeding is finally tailing off, and seeing some stories where women have ovulated differently and a lot earlier following a chemical, I took an OPK today. Pic is attached. I do know it's not positive, but it's a lot darker than what it would normally be at this time of month, if I counted day one of my chemical pregnancy bleeding as cd1 then I'm only on cd3! Its definitely not HCG still in my system as all preg tests had gone negative before bleeding started.

Anyone got any experience of ovulating after a chemical? We are keen to get back to TTC ASAP!

:flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 12
I actually took the pic before the test had finished developing - test line now even darker! Is it possible I could be getting ready to ovulate in next few days? If I had got AF rather than BFP I'd be on CD9 or thereabouts now.

Stalking. I had a chemical last month and wondering if I might ovulate early this month because of it. Will be taking OPK's from tomorrow.

Fingers crossed you get a sticky BFP soon.

Fingers crossed for early ovulation! I had a chemical pregnancy in December, and my cycles was 71 days long after that, however my cycles have never been regular so not sure if that also didn't help.

I have heard lots of women who fall pregnant pretty much immediately after having a chemical, baby dust to you!

Thanks both! Will let you know how things progress. Suppose its possible my hormones are all over the place with the chemical so i may not actually ovulate yet despite the OPK. Will start BDing asap just to be on safe side ;) Baby dust to us all xx

Well I've taken a couple of OPks since and they are much lighter, so looks like it wasn't my surge after all. It would be ridiculously early I suppose! And we haven't been Bding due to the bleeding so it's probably a good thing it's not happening right now. Ordered more OPks yesterday, feeling positive! Will update this when I do get a positive OPK. Fx for you coffee puffin xx

I fell pregnant the next cycle after my chemical. My cycle was pretty much the same as normal as far as I know but I wasn't doing OPKs then. My chemical ended early. Women who have stayed pregnant for a few more days seem to o later than normal from what I have noticed but anything can happen when your hormones are mixed up. I am breastfeeding which is effecting my cycles. I get almost or just positives more than once during my cycle and then they go negative and I get a much darker positive much later in my cycle. Now I test more than once a day when I see darker lines and only count it when I get a really dark line. I know it's not the same as your situation but when your hormones are a bit confused your body can have small LH surges at funny times but it won't always be o. Hope you o soon and your BFP sticks this time. Hugs.

I fell pregnant the next cycle after my chemical. My cycle was pretty much the same as normal as far as I know but I wasn't doing OPKs then. My chemical ended early. Women who have stayed pregnant for a few more days seem to o later than normal from what I have noticed but anything can happen when your hormones are mixed up. I am breastfeeding which is effecting my cycles. I get almost or just positives more than once during my cycle and then they go negative and I get a much darker positive much later in my cycle. Now I test more than once a day when I see darker lines and only count it when I get a really dark line. I know it's not the same as your situation but when your hormones are a bit confused your body can have small LH surges at funny times but it won't always be o. Hope you o soon and your BFP sticks this time. Hugs.

Thanks for that, yes I think thats whats happened with me. I was "pregnant" for a week so expecting my body to take some time to catch up with whats going on, but hopefully will get sticky BFP soon - your story has given me hope! :thumbup:

Well I've taken a couple of OPks since and they are much lighter, so looks like it wasn't my surge after all. It would be ridiculously early I suppose! And we haven't been Bding due to the bleeding so it's probably a good thing it's not happening right now. Ordered more OPks yesterday, feeling positive! Will update this when I do get a positive OPK. Fx for you coffee puffin xx

I still have a bunch of OPK's from last month, I ordered 100 :haha: I end up peeing on like 3 at a time haha!

I still have a bunch of OPK's from last month, I ordered 100 :haha: I end up peeing on like 3 at a time haha!

Hoping this is our month and we join what seems to be plenty of women who get a Sticky BFP the cycle after a chemical! If it was a normal month, when would you be expecting to ovulate?

Hoping this is our month and we join what seems to be plenty of women who get a Sticky BFP the cycle after a chemical! If it was a normal month, when would you be expecting to ovulate?

If I ovulate it will probably be around CD 17/18. I have a 31 day cycle it seems.

Well i'm on CD14 (Counting 1st day of bleeding from chemical as CD1) and im feeling the telltale one-sided twinges that mean ovulation is not far off. I took an IC OPK this morning and nearly positive, digi OPK was negative but they normally take a bit longer to turn positive. So looks like the chemical hasnt messed around with ovulation so thats good! Hows everyone else doing? x

Hi Lauraloo I had 2 chemicals recently. The first was at xmas & I didnt take any pregnancy test but I had a dot of IB and then AF was 4 days late and then I bled for 12 days (!!) kept expecting it to stop but it didn't!! I have 28 day cycle & was unsure when I was going to O again but had strong O next month (felt sharp pain which I never do) and all in all was 7 days late so O'd cd21. We BD in the hope of catching egg that month but no. Next month fell pregnant again (so first 'proper' cycle) massive pregnancy symptoms from about 4dpo & tested positive, etc. I kindof thought I would be lucky and get a rainbow baby that month - but no started spotting & at 4.4 days had af again. I Od 4 days late that month so much smoother after second one! I am 42 though so I'm expecting to get a good few chemicals before anything sticks!! I took soy isoflavones this month to try to imporve chances of getting one healthy egg - currently CD20 of 28 day cycle!

I did read that research was done on thousands of scottish women ttc after mc that concluded that there is a higher chance of healthy baby with less complications if you conceive 6 months after chemical / mc!! So fingers xd for us all!!

Hi Lauraloo I had 2 chemicals recently. The first was at xmas & I didnt take any pregnancy test but I had a dot of IB and then AF was 4 days late and then I bled for 12 days (!!) kept expecting it to stop but it didn't!! I have 28 day cycle & was unsure when I was going to O again but had strong O next month (felt sharp pain which I never do) and all in all was 7 days late so O'd cd21. We BD in the hope of catching egg that month but no. Next month fell pregnant again (so first 'proper' cycle) massive pregnancy symptoms from about 4dpo & tested positive, etc. I kindof thought I would be lucky and get a rainbow baby that month - but no started spotting & at 4.4 days had af again. I Od 4 days late that month so much smoother after second one! I am 42 though so I'm expecting to get a good few chemicals before anything sticks!! I took soy isoflavones this month to try to imporve chances of getting one healthy egg - currently CD20 of 28 day cycle!

I did read that research was done on thousands of scottish women ttc after mc that concluded that there is a higher chance of healthy baby with less complications if you conceive 6 months after chemical / mc!! So fingers xd for us all!!

Thats interesting Sunshine. Sorry to hear about your chemicals, once was bad enough, I hate the thought of being disappointed a second time. I'm getting VERY strong signs of impending ovulation at the moment, much stronger than usual. I have heard you are more fertile after a chemical, so I'm hopeful! Baby dust to you as well xx

Cd14 and I'm good to go! :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
What exactly is a chemical?

It's a very early miscarriage, before the pregnancy can be detected on an ultrasound. Only way pregnancy is known is you get a positive pregnancy test. But then you start bleeding sometime after. In my case my pregnancy tests went negative a week after my BFP and I started bleeding the day after that. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->