Ovulating after BP?

prachipie

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first post about anything pregnancy related. After trying so hard to avoid getting pregnant for the last 10 years, my husband and I have jumped into full blown TTC mode. :hugs:

I just came off of the pill, took my last pill on 2/28/14, a day before I would have started taking the placebo. My period came two days earlier than it normally would have and I've been charting since the first day of my cycle this month 3/3/14. I know it can take awhile to start ovulating again and I'm hoping charting will help me figure out when my body kicks back into fertility. Here's my FF chart from this cycle, and FF has a dotted ovulation line and I wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think. Do you think I ovulated this month? There does seem to be a slight shift, but it is sorta rocky. I had a drinks on the Saturdays of this cycle, so discarded the Sunday morning temps.

Would love some thoughts/second eyes on this. Thank you!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e25c8

Your chart does seem pretty rocky....did it give you the dotted cross hairs after you entered EWCM on 6DPO? I noticed last cycle mine went dotted after putting in fertile cm after ovulation.

I wouldn't discard temps, even after a night of drinking. At least for me I don't really see a huge different in mine. Even so, I believe your temp is high after a night of drinking, not lower. So that dip the next morning is a bit weird (maybe implantation dip?)

Are you temping every day at the same time before any movement?

Hi Beachy! Thanks for taking a look!

I do temp at the same time everyday (6am!). I'm a mouth breather, so I thought that the low discarded temp might have been from sleeping really deep and breathing with my mouth open all night. I often wake up 10 to 15 mins before my alarm goes off, so I try to lay still and keep my mouth shut (while usually dozing until the alarm goes off) but I didn't do that that morning.

FF gave me the dotted lines after I discarded that low temp, otherwise before it was just inconclusive. Now, if I don't discard the low post-O temp, it lists the ovulation date the same, but lowers my coverline. This is what the new chart looks like if that low temp is included. But now I have two dips below my coverline during my supposed luteral phase...that's not normal, right?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e25c8

I've seen lots of weird charts with low dips below the coverline...

Since you are just coming off the pill I think it's normal to have a few wonky cycles...it may take some time for your body to get in sync!

Hey, I went off the pill in Jan so I have a couple pieces of advice. First off, if you wake up 10-15mins before your alarm you should temp then. The difference it could make from the time being off is minimal but your temp starts going as soon as you wake up, even if you don't move. So a temp as soon as you wake up will be more accurate.

That said, I think it's possible you O'd but only time and AF or a BFP will tell. If you look at my chart (2nd cycle off the pill) FF gave me dotted crosshairs at CD9 and left them there for most the cycle, until CD27. The numbers were pretty convincing but now with no AF and no BFP I know I didn't O. If you can I recommend OPKs. That'll help you be more sure.

Curious -- thanks so much for sharing your charts. That is really helpful to see actually. It does seem like things are settling into a more normal pattern in your second cycle, even if it is not quite there yet. I would love some OPK recommendations. I bought the ClearBlue 20 O-test stripts to try next cycle, so I guess I will try those...but not really sure when to start. It is frustrating not knowing what my body is doing!

I completely understand. It's super frustrating. Trust me, I've been tearing my hair out about it!

I'm hoping the less crazy chart means something good. Just waiting and seeing. As for the OPKs, I think the ClearBlue ones are supposed to be really good. My doctor recommends the digital ones so you don't have to interpret lines but personally I've just been using cheap Wondfos off Amazon because I'm taking so many. Once I know I'm ovulating I might switch to nicer ones. But I've been okay with the Wondfos thus far. No false positives at least!

I would defiantly bbt vaginally it's more reliable. Your chart is rocky, I try not to put my cm in my chart I want my chart to rely on my temps solely. Sometimes FF will get confused with cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->