Ovulating after ectopic & tubal removal

lovelylea

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my ectopic 20th march 14 - 9wks pregnant, ruptured tube - had emergency surgery and had to have left tube removed..
1st pregnancy in 8yrs of ttc...

Did ovulation test yesterday and starting to show positive..
I have a dull ache on my left side and then some times on both sides..
Could the full ache on my left side be due to my tubal removal or do you thing I am ovulating from the left side?

Not had first af yet as only 4wks post op..

Lea xx

Hey there,

I had aching on both sides when I finally ovulated after my ectopic. The good news is that I got pregnant that cycle! It is impossible to say whether you are actually ovulating unless you chart your bbt. The same chemicals that try to stimulate your ovary into ovulating are the same ones that cause a positive opk. Without a thermal shift to see on a chart you may or may not O for certain. I had O pains and positive opks the first couple of cycles after my surgery but didn't O.

I asked the doctor if I ovulated on both sides the 3rd month when I had a thermal shift as my bbt chart had two O dips but she scanned and confirmed O happened on the side with the remaining tube. She said I would continue to have some pain on the side I had surgery but we ended up catching the egg that cycle so I can't comment about how it would have been otherwise. The cause of the pain is scar tissue according to her bttw. The fallopian tubes aren't technically connected to the ovaries but have little fimbriae that gentle "snuggle" around the ovary and draw the egg into the tube when ovulation occurs. This is why some ectopics can actually occur in the abdomen. She said there are no actual scars on the ovaries but the scar tissue in the area around it can cause the pain.

Hope this helps!

Aww thank you,,

I have been doing my opk's twice a day and they are staying positive,
Today is day 3... I have had a dull ache for the 3days and my cm is like ew..
I am taking this as am ovulating.

Had bleeding a few days after my surgery so am taking that as my af as it would coincide with me ovulating now..
At the time I just thought it was spotting..

Not had any pain since the surgery, I feel like nothing's happened..
Never Even got chance to take in I was pregnant as, we found out the Saturday and it was gone by the Thursday xx

Devastated but just trying to get back to normal xx

It's tough hun and I hope this is your month :thumbup: At a minimum I hope you are in fact ovulating as that would be a very quick return to your normal cycles and really awesome! Most women take a few cycles to O after their surgery so it would be very promising to O so soon:flower:

It is very common for people to be hypersensitive after an EP. Personally I can't tell a thing other than it all feels crampy/gassy at O time but I do know ladies who can tell which side they are Oing from.

Hi ladies xx

Am in the dreaded 2ww..

I have been a mess this month., not sure if related or not but I've had the following...

Abscess in mouth
Thrush
Water infection
Spotting for 2days (6&7)
Cramps as if af is coming (days 8&9)
Spots on chin (day 8)

Lea x

I've also had my left tube removed and wonder how often I actually ovulate from the side that can get me pregnant..

Hi,
My gp has sent me for blood tests to check am ovulating for this month..
And for the next 2 months he's sending for scans around ovulation to check am ovulating from my right ovary..

That's great Lea! Hopefully they can help speed things up for you ttc!

I hope so xx
It took us 8yrs to get to this..

Now am ovulating hopefully we have a fighting chance xx

Hi ladies xx

Little update..
Am assuming am on 9dpo-
Symptoms

Cramping (left side where tube was removed)
Heartburn all morning (normally only have it of a night time)
Tried (that can't be bothered feeling)
Cp still high & medium
Cm wet
Few hot flushes
Blue vain's on breasts

Did test and bfn

Any thoughts ladies xx

I wish I could say for sure either way hun it sounds like you just need to keep testing! I had these same symptoms with and without bfp so unfortunately it's the waiting game. I forget do you chart so we can look to see how your temps have been since O? You can tell a lot with that sometimes!

Never did temping this month but will defiantly be doing it next month if af arrives xx

Hi ladies..

Little update..

10dpo

Woke up and did test BFN ��
After wiping there was blood - not a lot and watery..

Been having quite a lot of cramping today like AF is coming..
Keep going the toilet and checking and only there when I wipe..

Hoping implantation bleeding
But more than likely AF...

Will keep you posted..

Lea xx

Little update:

14dpo- bfn
Spotting has stopped.. (Lasted 4days so hoping not af)
Spotting was only when wiping and very light and mucus)
According to FF af is due today...
Still getting cramping and twinges.. (Never had them after af before)
Aching in my joints..
Tender by my belly button like its bruised.
Heartburn everyday
Headaches
Feeling very tired.
Cp - high wet closed and firm..

Really confused..

Little update:

14dpo- bfn
Spotting has stopped.. (Lasted 4days so hoping not af)
Spotting was only when wiping and very light and mucus)
According to FF af is due today...
Still getting cramping and twinges.. (Never had them after af before)
Aching in my joints..
Tender by my belly button like its bruised.
Heartburn everyday
Headaches
Feeling very tired.
Cp - high wet closed and firm..

Really confused..

When are you going to test again hun?

I've got load of the cheap ones off the internet so I'll keep testing for this week and if still bfn on Sunday - I'll take it as game over and start on opk again...

Going to do my temps this time around.. Just waiting for the thermometer to arrive..
Also got appointment with gp on 6th may so going to see if I can have a scan around ovulation to check I am actually reels in van egg..

Well fingers crossed for you...the short and light af is confusing!

I know..
I feel like my af is due today...
I have all the feelings..

It's all so confusing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member