Ovulating End of Februaury TTC Cycle #1

MissMcCoy

Reaction score
Anyone else ovulating end of the month?!?!

This will be baby #3 for me... But its been 8 years since my youngest was born so it all feels new!

Hope to get some BFPs with some of you guys! :dust:

I should be ovulating at the end of this month as well. My projected fertile days are Feb 26, 27, and 28. Projected OD is 3/1. This is my second month ttc with no previous pregnancies. I just started charting BBT yesterday. I used OPK's last month and will be using them again this month.

Yay!
Lots of sticky vibes to you! Hopefully we can move on together!! :)

Ive been tracking cycles...
Going to start temping.
And checking CM.

I have 2 Ovulation tests that I can use close to the predicted date.
I plan on just having a ton of sex! haha

According to my cycles Ovulation is meant to occur on the 27th

I got off of BCP early December, so I have only been tracking cycles since then. I plan on starting sex every other day until the lines on the OPK start becoming visible, then every day. Last month, the day right before OD, was super bowl Sunday. We had people over and sex just didn't happen. I think that was our most important day to try... figures. Also, last month I did not chart BBT, so that is new for me this month.

Might be too much of a good thing...

When I was TTC my 2nd they recommended to allow time for the sperm to add up... So like maybe regular is once or twice a week... Then Everyother day around ovulation..

I don't know if the rules have changed since then....

So one of my apps say m due to O on the 27th and a new app I just got says im due to O on the 25th.

My old man is off on a fishing trip 21st-24th....
So we can dtd on the 20th and the 21st.... then when he comes home... Hope I don't miss the window.

I have read that the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) works the best and is the most efficient. It states that on CD8, you start having sex every other day, so that the sperm adds up and that it is good quality sperm (mobility wise). On CD10, you start using OPK's every day. Upon a positive OPK, have sex 3 days in a row, then one time a day later. I tried to follow this last month, but again, Super Bowl Sunday was my positive OPK. So I had sex Monday morning, then got all confused if I should wait until Tuesday night (I had work early Tuesday morning and couldn't fit time for sex) or again Monday night. Going to try this method again this time, just hoping for no distractions. However, we have 2 birthdays that weekend, so hoping that does not throw us off.

Well we already know I'm gonna O around the same day as you, like by 2 or 3 days lol

SMEP!
Hahaha! That's funny!
Fingers crossed it all works out!

YES! I SOOOOO hope we both get stickies!

My ovulation calendar says I'm due to start ovulating on the 26th but my most fertile day is the 3rd. Should I have sex every day until the 3rd of March? Actually really excited to TTC this is my first month after coming off the pill. Not raising my hopes too much xx

If your keen!
It being your first month keep things light and fun! Have sex as often as you like in those fertile days :)

Im due to O on the 27th according to one of my apps. The other says my most fertile day is the 24th. My ticker also says O on the 24th.

So due to hubbys fishing trip we will be bding Saturday/Sunday morning Then Wednesday when he comes home. Those are the for sure days.

ok so I read about too much sex and sperm quality.

Going to bd Friday, Sunday morning, then Wednesday when he comes back.

I'm just BD'ing every other day since apparently sperm quality in men starts to hit a downward sprial when they hit mid-30s or so I read last night in my How to get pregnant, pregnancy fertility book. I'm not sure how correct this is but better safe than sorry.

Apparently March 1st is my O day or so my app tells me

That's what my app says as well! What app are you using? How are you testing for OD? And yes, sperm have better mobility and higher sperm count if you wait 48 hours between sex. Waiting too long between sex can cause immobile sperm as well. Every other day is ideal.

ok so I read about too much sex and sperm quality.

Going to bd Friday, Sunday morning, then Wednesday when he comes back.

That sounds like a good plan. I'm going to do every night during my fertile days as long as there's no distractions!

Has anyone tried the "pre-seed" lubricant? I just ordered it online. I knew that lubricants have ingredients that are not sperm friendly, but just read that saliva is in that category as well! It slows sperms mobility AND messes with the CM that makes for a good living environment for sperm.

Apparently March 1st is my O day or so my app tells me

That's what my app says as well! What app are you using? How are you testing for OD? And yes, sperm have better mobility and higher sperm count if you wait 48 hours between sex. Waiting too long between sex can cause immobile sperm as well. Every other day is ideal.

I'm using FF and Ovia Fertility apps. The ovia one seems really good. I'm only worried about the sperm thing because my boyfriend just turned 34 and I'm going to be 31, and I already struggle with Secondary Infertility issues and had a late term miscarriage 3 years ago so I'm worried that it's going to be really hard for me to become pregnant if at all.

Sperm for men do not decline in the 30's, but closer to 50's. Women start declining in 30's. That's because men continue to produce sperm and women do not continue to produce eggs. Whatever eggs you're born with is what you have for your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->