Ovulating?? help...

Mrs.Rob

TTC #1
Reaction score
This is my first month using OPKs and I am just curious about something. How long after you start getting an increase in CM do most of you ovulate?
And how long do you usually get EWCM for during your cycle?

This will be our 6th mo trying to concive and I am just starting to look more at my body and less at the calendar. I am seing an increase in CM and am on day cycle day 25 of a 38-42 day cycle. I have been using OPKs and so far they have all been negative. I just don't want to miss BD because the OPK is negative and I already ovulated. And how often can the tests be wrong?? Thanks for all your advice! Wishing you all :bfp: soon!

My CM varies a little with each c so it's hard for me to say. OPKs USUALLY work pretty well for me, but were def wrong at least one month (been trying for 6). I have found that BBT charting is the most reassuring for me. You should look into it and see if you think it would help. It's sorta a pain sometimes, but worth it. That way you can tell if you really DID o and if it matched the OPKs. You can also tell your LP length which is an important fertility indicator, too. E.g. knowing mine is about 13 days is a good sign, so it's reassuring for me.

Of course, it never hurts to BD, just in case -- and it's fun anyway! hehe :)

Personally, my CM goes watery for a few days, then goes to EW for a couple of days before I see a positive OPK. It's generally 5-6 days or more of fertile CM before I OV... and on the day of OV there's more of it aswell.

I've not known any 'wrong' results with OPK's, however, it's easy to miss the surge if you test once a day. They say to test a couple of times a day if you're not seeing any positive OPK's because you may get your surge later on and it might have gone again by the time you test the next day.

The other thing is, the best time to test is between 2pm and 8pm - you probably already know this, but I am always surprised when I hear people saying they are testing with first morning urine. The surge comes too late in the morning for it to be there until at least midday.

Good Luck hunny xxx

if im aving a 30day cycle i O on cd14/15 on a 38day cycle i O cd20 :) u shud carry on till u get a pos opk hun :)

hey hun, some people don't get ewcm when ovulating, but if women do it can vary from 1 day to 6 days...

with the opk are you leaving it for the correct amount of time to develop? the reason i ask is i have just started using internet cheapies and whilst the control line comes up immediately, the test line does need a full 5 mins to develop...when i started leaving it for 5 mins (which i then noticed it said to do on instructions!! duh!!) i started getting results leading to me seeing my surge.

some peeps get a long surge, some short so if you're worried try and test twice a day (one say 12-2pm and one about 7pm) and make sure you try not to go to toilet or drink much for 3-4 hours before.

when you see a surge you could ovulate 12-36 hours after so you have to keep BD up to 3-4days after your surge to be sure you don't miss your egg (i think i messed up last month and stopped BD too soon!!!)

good luck x

Hey chick

I have a 27 day cycle (normally).

I normally get watery CM for a couple of days then EWCM for 2 days before i get a positive OPK - temp normally drops the day after so i ovulate the day after the OPK - EWCM normally continues for day of positive OPK and temp and then day after before going watery and then going back to creamy??

Depending on what sort of OPK you have depends on when then are designed to be used - if i use the strips then it's normally about midday and if it's CB Digi then it's FMU.

As long as you are fit and healthy then if you :sex: every other day you should hit the target! fingers crossed :hugs:

CB digi say you can test anytime of the say - but to test the same time everyday, and that 'most women find it most convenient first thing in the morning'. But if you read up on LH surges, it says the LH surge starts around 5am so it's better to wait until after midday :blush: for a more accurate result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->