Ovulating tests

Cafferine

Very newly pregnant
Reaction score
My ovulating tests never give a dark line it is always only a faint line on the cheaper ones and on more expensive ones. What does this mean? Is there a possibility I have low levels of something or is this a symptom of something else? The line does get darker over a few days but it is never any where near as dark as the test line, absolutely no where near. What does this mean?

I don't know your history (obviously) but it could mean you're not ovulating... Are you just off the BCP or something??

No I stopped a good few months ago, I was on cerazette but came off it in June.

I've NEVER had a positive on a cheap one either! I only ever use Clear blue digital.....expensive but they work !! Plus....if you temp for a few cycles you get to know when you ovulate and therefore when to test ( hence dont use loads of tests per cycle !) xx

how many times a day do you test with them and what time of day do you test with them?

My LH surge is sooooo short that if i tested the once a day like it says on the packet i would miss it, also i find that I only ever get a positive result on a afternoon, too early in the morning it most likely wouldn't show as the LH is synthesized early in the day

however clear blue monitors you must use FMU but these are the only tests you need to

Oh, I usually always use first morning urine. I will get ClearBlue digital for next month once my AF comes and see if I get a smiley. So when I get that should I always use afternoon wee? Do I need to hold it in for 4 hours? Thank you so much xx

providing it's not the ovulation monitor then use afternoon wee, just restrict fluids for 2 - 3 hours before you pee.

fingers crossed for you :)

When you are opk unlike hpt you want to use afternoon urine and make sure you limit your fluids as LH tends to increase through the day. And I test more than once a day too. I start about CD14 and go until I test + And charting and temping will really help you pinpoint it.

I always get a negative unless I use second wee of the day between 9 and 10am. I have found I then get a good line on any test, have used first response, wilkinson and Internet cheapies although they aren't the best.

i just took a clear blue digi one and got a smiley today! I took it at 2pm and had only had a wee half an hour before! Obv it varies from person to person! I found any other ovulation tests confusing as I never knew if the line was dark enough etc...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->