Ovulating

MummyKP

Reaction score
Ok so I'm just looking for a bit of an overview on being fertile etc. I have a 30 day cycle, with my periods lasting 5-7 days from heavy to light spotting. I'm just looking for some advice really - I know its something like 14 days before your next period is due that you roughly ovulate (I'm not taking that for granted but appreciate that's a rough guide) so when are your fertile days, before or after? I don't know a huge deal about it tbh, but would just like some knowledgable lady to basically explain it to a dumb one! Lol.

Ok so your cycle begins on day 1 of your period (cd1), ovulation can vary but after you ovulate you have a luteal phase, this varies from person to person but lasts around 14 days and will always be the same legnth for you. You are fertile for around 5 days before you ovulate with the best chance of healthy conception occurring 24hrs before ovulation. The egg lasts around 24-48hrs then that's it for that cycle. The impatient woman guide is a great book to understand some more, it explains different ways you can track fertility (cervical mucus, opk tests, temperature etc). Cm is a good way to tell when your ovulating, it goes like egg white a few days before then dries up when you ovulate. Alternatively sex every other day will get you there!!
Hope that helps.

Thanks spicy orange that's helpful. What is the luteal phase? It's something I keep reading on here but don't actually know what it is exactly. So if I ovulated on cd16, I'd be fertile from cd11 but most fertile cd cd15 - cd16? I'm going to keep an eye on my cm this month because it's not something I've really noticed before. So EWCM a few days before ovulation? Sorry for all of the questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->