Ovulation after a chemical & progesterone

Dia0624

Reaction score
Hi All,

I believe I had a chemical last month - I was getting very faint tests and negative hcg. I was also on progesterone and it obviously didn't help. It delayed my period by 2 days. I want to know if it will also delay ovulation or will I ovulate what would have been day 14 for me? Does anyone have experience with this? I am super anxious to try again and will probably start using OPK's soon.

Also, is it safe to try immediately again after a chemical?

I am going to try to relax and take it easy this cycle. I'm planning to continue temping but I don't think I'll start progesterone until I get clear BFP. It just added on to my stress and delayed my cycle.

Thank you!!

When I had mine I was told I could try again immediately. And I'm not sure about the ovulation, so I would throw in some extra bd-ing just in case!

The first day of your period is day 1 of your cycle, so I wouldn't count the lateness as meaning that you started your period on day 3 of your cycle... Hope I understood the question.

So if you normally ovulate around day 14 of your cycle, it should be around day 14 with day 1 being the day you got your period. I don't know how regular you normally are, but a a few days difference from cycle to cycle is totally normal whether you're taking progesterone or you're taking nothing at all.

I don't have any experience with progesterone and TTC, but I had to get injections of it in my butt cheek for a while when I got pregnant with my daughter to prevent a miscarriage. It's really an essential hormone for a healthy pregnancy.

It is normal for progesterone to delay AF ,It shouldn't effect ovulation on new cycles. progesterone in the 2ww can be helpful because it keeps the lining from breaking down before implantation can occur ,however if your progesterone level is good and LP is usually 14days then its fine to start using progesterone once you get a BFP.

Thanks ladies. I was confused because my doctor said my ovulation pattern may not be normal bec of the progesterone delaying my af. So didn't know what to expect. I have never got my levels checked, but I don't have a LP defect.. so I hope I am ok there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->