Ovulation but no period? Pic of OPK

mumofone1992

Reaction score
I had my implant removed end of march , I was mid way through a period while it was removed and it lasted about 1 week after removal.

Ive had no period since and not pregnant yet either! I'm more frustrated because I don't know what my body has been doing however Saturday my OPK tear was positive and has been ever since.

Does anyone know if I can still fall pregnant without a period?? Anyone been in similar situation?

Pics show sat- today. Thanks x

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 32
These OPKs don't look positive to me. Unless the directions say otherwise, a positive OPK will be when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line.

It can take some time for your body to go back to normal after the implant is removed. Did you have a regular cycle before the implant? Have you brought your concerns to your doctor?

Yes agreed, the lines will be much darker when the opk is positive. It's probably just going to take a little time before the birth control gets out of your system! Don't worry, you will regulate soon :)

I agree with the others and none of these are + tests as it should be as dark as the control line

Dark as the control line? Wow I never knew that thanks for telling me. Why are there 2 lines then? Shows how much I know lol.

Not been doctor yet. I only had the implant in 3 weeks. Periods were regular before , like clockwork infact but I suffered a hemmorage in November 2016 so maybe I haven't recovered from that .

Does anyone know what one feint line and one positive means?

Your body always has some luteinizing hormone in it, but it only rises and peaks at ovulation time. So you will always have a line on an opk, unlike a pregnancy test. But they are only positive when that second line gets as dark or darker than the control line. It's a little confusing I know. I thought the same thing the first time I took one and panicked.

But to answer your original question, yes, you can definitely get pregnant without having a period first as long as you ovulate. My friend has gotten pregnant like two weeks later every time she came off the pill without ever getting a period. So definitely possible.

It's strange though that you had periods with your implant but not since. Are you sure you are definitely not pregnant?

Don't worry I think everyone TTCing thought exactly the same at first, you'll soon get used to it :)
I stole this from google to give you an idea of what it should look like

Attachments

• 7150B159-F57B-4352-A10D-534998770B0D-309-0000003CD48DE40F.jpg
    7150B159-F57B-4352-A10D-534998770B0D-309-0000003CD48DE40F.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
can you tell me what brand of ovulation tests those are? i've been looking for those ones

can you tell me what brand of ovulation tests those are? i've been looking for those ones

Me, I stole that picture from google as I stated

But I'm pretty sure they are just IC(internet cheapies)

I use the green OPKs from Amazon, I think they are One Step, and have always been reliable for me.
As the others said, your OPKs aren't positive. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line, in most cases anyway. A few don't ever seem to see a line as dark as this though. The line will become dark, but it won't be quite as dark, but they do still ovulate. Sometimes you can also see a dark, or even a positive OPK later in your cycle close to af since lh can start to increase towards af. You can also see a dark or positive OPK during pregnancy as well. So you are aware.

Do you chart? I would temp as well as use OPKs as they can't tell you when you ovulate, they only tell you that your body is trying to, or about to ovulate. Temping will confirm ovulation if it happens as you will see a clear temp increase after ovulation

Dark as the control line? Wow I never knew that thanks for telling me. Why are there 2 lines then? Shows how much I know lol.

Not been doctor yet. I only had the implant in 3 weeks. Periods were regular before , like clockwork infact but I suffered a hemmorage in November 2016 so maybe I haven't recovered from that .

Does anyone know what one feint line and one positive means?

The dark line on top (closest to the green bit on the test) is your control line. The control line tells you that your test is working properly and also gives you something to compare your results to. The faint line is your test result. On an OPK the result line has to be as dark (or darker) than your control line.

In pregnancy tests, you'll still have a control line but even a faint line can mean you're pregnant.

Oh right I see, but I've been testing for weeks now and they've always been just 1 line and then I had 2 lines for a few days and now they're back to negative. I also had CM and twinges so I know I ovulated (well 97% sure lol) but I didn't test Friday or yesterday because my hopes were slightly ruined but tested again a few times today and just 1 line. Maybe I missed my dark line!!!

I use the green OPKs from Amazon, I think they are One Step, and have always been reliable for me.
As the others said, your OPKs aren't positive. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line, in most cases anyway. A few don't ever seem to see a line as dark as this though. The line will become dark, but it won't be quite as dark, but they do still ovulate. Sometimes you can also see a dark, or even a positive OPK later in your cycle close to af since lh can start to increase towards af. You can also see a dark or positive OPK during pregnancy as well. So you are aware.

Do you chart? I would temp as well as use OPKs as they can't tell you when you ovulate, they only tell you that your body is trying to, or about to ovulate. Temping will confirm ovulation if it happens as you will see a clear temp increase after ovulation

I'm new to TTC ! So I don't know what temp is? But I'm not pregnant I've done pregnancy tests too. I think I just missed my dark line because they are now showing 1 line!!

Temping as taking your BBT (Basil Body Temperature) every morning. Basically, you get a BBT thermometer and take your temp every morning at the exact same time right as you wake up. It helps chart ovulation and can help confirm it in most cases.

There's a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility that was recommended to me when I started out and I highly recommend it. It goes into BBT and can help guide you.

Also with IC tests it's best not to use FMU(first morning urine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->