Ovulation *Confused Face*

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by LainasMummy, Jan 30, 2011.

1. LainasMummy

LainasMummy Member

Hello , ive ive just joined and posted in the introductory threads.

Heres my dilemma....

I have a daughter who is 4 and after her birth i had the contreceptive coil inserted (copper 7).
    In November 2008, we decided that we were ready for another baby so i had the coil removed. So we were not trying , but also not avioding it i just thought it would happen in due course.
    However 2 and a bit years down the line and ive not fell preg :-(

I have PCOS but as i fell for my daughter i thought that it was not really an issue. and that if ive had 1 then i will have another?!?!

So now i ve seen the doctor who has refferred me to a gynocologist in march and we are now FULL ON TRYING , DEFINATLY NOT AVOIDING! lol.....

I brought my 1st clearblue digital ovulation test and started testing on day 11of my cycle which was the friday before last (21st). I detected ovulation Yesterday on day 20 of my cycle so of course me and my partner did what was nessassary lol.... so today i thought i would take another test to see if i was still ovulating (as it says on the packet that wen you detect ovulation , you ovulate for 2 days after that) but now it says im not ovulating?!!??!?
    what could this mean? that i only ovulated for 1 day?? im really confused!!!

Sorry for the big essay , jus wanted to give as much background info as possible ... hope it makes sense?!?!
    i would be so gratefull for some advice

Thanks

Charlotte xx

2. lupinerainbow

lupinerainbow Pregnant #1 after 9+ years LTTTC

Hey, some people only have a short ovulation phase, going by this first opk + you will ovulate in the next 24-48 hours so if your surge is no longer showing i would guess that you have already ovulated :thumbup: as long as you dtd then you should be fine :thumbup:

xxxxx

3. Elhaym

Elhaym It's a girl :)

Yup, lupinerainbow is right, some people only get one 'positive' day, it's perfectly normal as far as I know - the surge only lasts for a short time, then ovulation occurs 12-36 hours (ish) after that. Ovulation occurs only on one day - it's the LH surge detected by the ovulation tests that can last longer (I usually get 2 in a row, but as I said 1 is fine too).

As long as you make sure to BD until you get a positive (and perhaps for a couple days after that just to cover all bases), you should be fine. Good luck :D

4. LainasMummy

LainasMummy Member

Could it mean that an egg was fertelised last night and thats why im not ovulating anymore??

5. Elhaym

Elhaym It's a girl :)

If you got a positive yesterday, you likely ovulated today or will do very soon. If you BD yesterday you will be fine as sperm can live for at least 2 or 3 days in the uterus, so they were hopefully there waiting for your egg! :D

Maybe BD tonight to make sure ;)

6. stouffer

stouffer Well-Known Member

You don't need to keep on testing after getting a +opk and having a +opk on the second day doesn't mean you haven't ovulated yet. You could just be getting the surge on the way back down if you know what I mean. There could still just be enough LH in your system to turn it positive after the surge has taken place.

As long as you had a positive then you're most likely going to ov in the next 12-36 hours so it's best to make sure you do it on the day of the +opk and for another 2 days after.