Ovulation Cramping Question?

Skywalker

Reaction score
I posted another thread about a week ago but ...

What's your O cramping feel like and when do you get it and how long does it normally last?

I had long/weird cycles before I got my cycles regular and under control but got pregnant shortly after that, then obviously didn't have my period for the pregnancy and then many months after breastfeeding. I only got it back a few cycles ago and feel like I have NO idea what's normal.

I do know that I had weeks of this exact type of off and on cramping when I was pregnant with my son and that's what I'm experiencing now. Had a short 3 day period that began on the 10th of Aug, seemed normal in terms of flow and cramps, then on the 19th started cramping like I was going to get my period again, and have been cramping on and off ever since. Because my cycle length has been between 34-36 days, I'm not due for my period until Sept 10-12. In the past, I almost never felt O pain and when I did it lasted only a few days and was localized to one side. This is different than that, makes me think I might actually be pregnant, SUPER annoying that I won't be able to test really for a while yet but now just curious if anyone can tell me if this DOES sound like normal O pain they've experienced or if this sounds like possible pregnancy pain.

Thaaaanks! :kiss:

I feel it like period pains and sore/tender to touch my lower tummy, also like a feeling of pressure. The pain lasts a couple of days before to a couple of days after ovulation for me so 4/5 days in total

I have several days of pains. first I have a few days of pain when the follicles are growing. These are the worst pain days. It can last anywhere from an hour to the full day. The first day is around a week before O, Then the second day is a few days before O. Then on O day, just have mild achy pains, some time a super sharp pain 1x, I'm assuming that is when the egg burst though. My ovulation is pretty much all laid out for me .

Hm, interesting. Well tomorrow marks a full week of this cramping for me. Does your ovulation cramping tend to taper off or does it just go straight into pre-period cramping and then actual period cramping? Because that means that I'd only ever have like a few days to a week every month where I wasn't cramping, and that's just depressing lol

Not sure but if you are concerned you might go see your Dr to try and get answered. They can take blood work to see if you are oing

Mine tapers off n then I have s couple of weeks cramp free before Af xx

Thanks for your answers! Def interesting.

It's started to go on for so long and feel so different from anything I've understood ovulation to feel like before that I'm starting to be convinced I'm pregnant. When I was preg with my son, I had weeks of the type of cramping I'm feeling now leading up to when I was due for my period, then a few weeks after that when I finally tested positive, and even a few weeks after that! I don't think I stopped cramping until I was like 9 or 10 weeks pregnant. This feels like that, feels like the 1-3 days before I start my period type of cramps as opposed to what I've sometimes felt in the middle of my cycle which is like the dull mild achey twingey pains you guys described.

I started feeling these on the night of the 18th so technically it's been more than a week lol, but really started to be noticable the 19th on. I feel like I'm pregnant. We'll see! Sounds like both of you experience o pain anywhere from a few days to like 5-6 days tops so this is already going on longer than that and doesn't sound like the types of sensations you described, so it's just interesting at this point! Definitely, thank you for you answers, helping me to figure out what may be going on with my body. And who knows, if this ends up being weird ovulation or something, then there are plenty of cycles ahead haha. But I think there's something different about this one :)

How many DPO are you? I'm 6DPO and have had cramping the whole time - a bit gassy too so I'm just assuming it's that, but it's really annoying! I had an ache with my first child and thought I was getting AF but it was just her burrowing her way in!

How many DPO are you? I'm 6DPO and have had cramping the whole time - a bit gassy too so I'm just assuming it's that, but it's really annoying! I had an ache with my first child and thought I was getting AF but it was just her burrowing her way in!

Yes, exactly! With my first, I had cramping that I was 100% certain was AF coming. I couldn't have been more positive if I tried, and I put off testing because I was so certain that AF was coming, but I finally tested when I was three weeks late for my period, and lo and behold, positive and BFP and that was how my pregnancy with my son started! Now, this is the 14th day of my cramping. I actually did a search on these boards and went back to my earliest posts way back before I got that BFP and I was describing feeling this same cramping and other symptoms. I definitely know at this point that there's no way it's ovulation cramping - it wouldn't last two weeks and feel like this. The only time I had this was when I was pregnant with my son, so I'm pretty excited and feel like I'm pregnant :happydance: I'd be more excited if I wasn't so damn crampy. But I ended up cramping well into the first trimester and it was so nerve-wracking because I'd had a miscarriage two cycles before that pregnancy, but the midwives all said it was normal! Just baby burrowing in! So maybe this is baby #2 burrowing in. Just in time for my birthday! What a birthday present <3 I'm almost certain I am, and if I am, this baby will likely be born very close to my son's birthday as I got pregnant with my son around the same time of year.

Yes, exactly! With my first, I had cramping that I was 100% certain was AF coming. I couldn't have been more positive if I tried, and I put off testing because I was so certain that AF was coming, but I finally tested when I was three weeks late for my period, and lo and behold, positive and BFP and that was how my pregnancy with my son started! Now, this is the 14th day of my cramping. I actually did a search on these boards and went back to my earliest posts way back before I got that BFP and I was describing feeling this same cramping and other symptoms. I definitely know at this point that there's no way it's ovulation cramping - it wouldn't last two weeks and feel like this. The only time I had this was when I was pregnant with my son, so I'm pretty excited and feel like I'm pregnant :happydance: I'd be more excited if I wasn't so damn crampy. But I ended up cramping well into the first trimester and it was so nerve-wracking because I'd had a miscarriage two cycles before that pregnancy, but the midwives all said it was normal! Just baby burrowing in! So maybe this is baby #2 burrowing in. Just in time for my birthday! What a birthday present <3 I'm almost certain I am, and if I am, this baby will likely be born very close to my son's birthday as I got pregnant with my son around the same time of year.

eeeep how exciting! My cramping has died down, it's only occasional, and I'm only 8dpo so I doubt anythings growing in my uterus! When are you going to test? Keep me updated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->