• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ovulation... Creamy Mucus? Prob TMI!

natthecat

2 years TTC #1
Reaction score
Ok

I am sure your all probably sick of me by now but i am sure I read somewhere that someone commented that during ovulation, they get a creamy mucus? Is this the case for anyone else?

if it is then i have my first ever O :bfp:

:p

Hi Nattecat,

I am certainly no expert at all,
but from all the books I have read, when you ovulate your mucus is clear (see through) and the same consitency as egg white.
If you wanted to, and you probably wouldn't, you could stretch it.

I say :sex: as much as you can because you never know, but you are probably a couple days away still. Why not by an ovulation predictor kit and that way you will know 99% if you are ovulating.

Best of luck. Hope you get your :bfp: very soon and your :crib: then you can be on :cloud9:

It might be worth you posting your question in TTC, as this is Long term trying to conceive and assisted conception. Sorry if i'm wrong and ur having difficulties, if not you will find TTC much more help. X

It might be worth you posting your question in TTC, as this is Long term trying to conceive and assisted conception. Sorry if i'm wrong and ur having difficulties, if not you will find TTC much more help. X

Thanks Daisy

I am LTTTC.

Have been having unprotected :sex: with my fiance for 6 years and nothing was happening although, were weren't too concerned... but been officially "trying" for nearly 2 years now after being put on Metformin (for PCOS) for the last year or so and my :witch: has started to appear more regularly but was keen on looking at the other signs besides OPK and BBT that I may have missed, anything that will help really!

I also have another appointment with FS soon so the more I can tell her the better really. We spoke about Clomid but she was concerned about my weight,now the Metformin has started to make things happen and i've lost 3 stone, I hope I can encourage her to consider me for clomid now i've proved that my body will respond with some assistance!

Although I will try it on there too!

Sorry to hear u have been havibng trouble. Creamy cm is generally considered non fertile cm fertile cm is usually of egg white consistency or watery/slippery. If i were u i would change ur status thing from TTC to trying for no.1 for 2 years or something? I just think some of the girls on here may have not responded to ur question cos they thought u were a normal TTCer who lost there way. Hope me saying that doesn't upset anyone. I hope things start working for u soon, HUGE congrats on loosing 3 stone well done.

If u want to build up as much info for the FS maybe u could consider temping if u aren't already? Feel free to ask me if i can helo any further.

XXX

Hey Nat

Firstly good luck with the BDing!!

I normally get creamy for 2 days then clear for 2-3 followed by creamy. I know some ovulation meds can mess up your CM though??

Fingers crossed this is the big O for you guys!! xx

P.s HUGE well done on the weightloss - please can you send some luck my way on that front?xxx

Hey Nat

P.s HUGE well done on the weightloss - please can you send some luck my way on that front?xxx

For anyone wanted to loose weight in a healthy way without being hungry i recomend the zone diet. You may not loose any weight for the 1st 2 weeks, but then it drops off, u will be shocked the portions u can eat to, so u wont end up feeling hungry. XXX

This pregnancy is not as easy as one would think.

I lived in the UK for 3 years but that was 6 years ago and I wasn't trying to fall pregnant back then so not sure of what the availability of gynea visit is over there for you but perhaps you should try and make an appointmet to see one, and make it as close to CD10 or CD11 as possible.
If you get a scan (preferably an internal, they show more of what is going on then an external) you can hopefully see if you have a nice healthy folicle.

I have been diagnosed by two different gyneas with PCOS and the baby I unfotunately lost at 14weeks was concieved with AI.
I went to the gynea on CD10 and he was able to see a healthy folicle on the scan and I then went for AI on CD12 and fell pregnant.

Not sure if you have done a CD21 progesterone blood test yet, this is a good way to confirm if you have acutally ovulated. I have one booked for 12th October.

I agree with DaisyDuke, it is a good idea to gather as much info as you can. I have a different spreadsheet for calculating the days and a graph of my cycle lengths.

One more thing that I was told, but there are probably contridicting stories out there.
My gynea told me that you calulate ovulation more acurately if you count 14 days from the end :af: rather than from the start of :af: .

Good luck to you both.

usually watery/ewcm is fertilite cm, but if u dont get enough of it preseed is as good as it as its sperm friendley n helps them swim...and its nice aswell :)

I think creamy is still considered "fertile" but it is the egg white and/or clear that you really want to be looking for. Good luck! (hugs)

I absolutely swear by evening primrose oil and grapefruit juice for improving my EWCM.

I take one EPO capsule every night till I OV and drink a glass of grapefruit juice a day from about CD8 and I always get tons of EWCM - for about 5 days over ovulation.

I had a lap this month when I was ovulating so as a test i didnt bother with the EPO or juice cos this cycle was out for me anyway - and I saw only tiny amounts of EWCM - so it definitely works for me.

Like Rach I also get creamy CM before and post OV - so I would keep BDin if i were you - and poss drink some grapefruit juice (poss too late for EPO this cycle) over the next few days and see if you get more EW.

I also use OPK's and temp to help me find my OV date.

Good luck sweetie.
Bx x :hugs:

thanks everyone! much appreciated!

I am already bd'ing.... as much as part of our relationship as to catch me at the right time! lol!

I am pleased to hear this, sounds all very positive.

last month I had what looked like a broken contact lens of egg white consistancy on the tissue after wiping... I know it's prob TMI but i folded the tissue and it was clearly sticky/stretchy.

SO hopefully it sounds like I AM ACTUALLY GETTING THERE GUYS!!!!

I hope so.

please :bfp: please come soon

Hey Nat

Firstly good luck with the BDing!!

I normally get creamy for 2 days then clear for 2-3 followed by creamy. I know some ovulation meds can mess up your CM though??

Fingers crossed this is the big O for you guys!! xx

Just sending some fat free fairy dust to help with the weightloss hunni!

I've done mine though excercise mainly, and I hate it normally but have taken up Cardio classes which shift the weight rapidly and your not stood in the gym bored stiff! - worked for me ! :) :hug:

Hey Nat

For anyone wanted to loose weight in a healthy way without being hungry i recomend the zone diet. You may not loose any weight for the 1st 2 weeks, but then it drops off, u will be shocked the portions u can eat to, so u wont end up feeling hungry. XXX

Thanks Daisy - i'm doing slimming world as it's recommended by the royal college of midwives for before pregnancy, during and post if you are breastfeeding - figured 'just in case' i get lucky in the meantime!!! x

Just sending some fat free fairy dust to help with the weightloss hunni!

I've done mine though excercise mainly, and I hate it normally but have taken up Cardio classes which shift the weight rapidly and your not stood in the gym bored stiff! - worked for me ! :) :hug:

Ah thank you!! fat free fairy dust - do that make that in chocolate flavour?

Must admit, i'm doing slimming world and lost 8lb in 3 weeks but went on hols last week so slight gain. Running outside is making all the difference though, by the time we actually get to see the FS i should be fit and healthy!! :hugs:

Well done 8bls in 3 weeks in woderful, u little star. XXX

the book says clear is fertile cm but i have also read that fertile cm varies amongst each individual. I personally sometimes get a shiny discharge, sometimes I get none but around the 3rd week of my cycle I get thick white cm which I beleive comes after O.

Good luck and try to listen to your body, I have tried ov kits before and they didnt work, but i have used them this month and they worked!!! BUT i never got any clear cm???

xx

Aaaaug...I am stuck in the same boat as you Nattecat.
I have used 9 out of my 10 OPKs and still no luck in finding a surge and to make matters worse no EWCM but I do have the creamy CM you were asking about.

I am on CD16 and the gynea did say I would probably only ovulate CD15 or CD16, maybe now it will only be CD17 if at all.

Good luck girls, I hope you all get a :bfp:, I am not so sure about myself, the gynea also mentioned something about I could be having anovulation.........cycle :(

Oh well if this month doesn't work I am scheduled for AI starting with a course of eustrogen from CD2 to building up a nice healthy lining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"