Ovulation days after AF?

Jen_xx

Bun in the Oven
Reaction score
So when I got pregnant for my son I was 16. I was sitting here thinking about how my cycle was back then and I remembered that around the time we had sex and I conceived Id recently gotten off my period. That was why we thought we were in the "safe zone"... And I was so shocked when I actually ended up being pregnant.

Well fast forward to 2011. DH and I had been TTC for 7 months. I'd gotten AF on July 2nd and if my memory serves me correct (I documented everything on here, lol) AF ended around the 5-6th of July. DH and I bd'd right at the end of AF (sorry if TMI) and just bd'd regularly. No stress, no TTC plan, no OPKs, nothing.

Ok skip over to August. I was expecting AF around the 2nd and realized that my cycle was roughly only 28-29 days but no more than 30. So I figured out I was late on the 3rd. I took a test and got my BFP. I went to the Dr. on August 12 and got a scan. I was 4 weeks and 5 days. Count back and that would have me ovulating only 4-5 days roughly after AF. I'm guessing around the 10th. Has anyone else dealt with cycles like this?

Mind you this has happened for both of my pregnancies.

So I'm wondering if DH and I should just BD like crazy right after AF since apparently my body is crazy and I O right after? My cycles have increased to 32 day cycles now but that wouldn't throw it off too much, would it? My body has me so confused. Ugh.

I got a positive opk at cd7 this month i'm thinking it was some kind of hormone fluke last month i ovulated early at cd 12 so i went and got a digital since i don't think i could have ovulated that early sperm can live for days so it may have lingered until you actually ovulated my temps haven't went up so i'm positive i didn't ovulate yet

If your cycles are a bit out of the norm I would chart your bbt and use opks hun. This way you know for sure when to bd and also how long your luteal phase is. If you have at a minimum a 28 day cycle and are ovulating on cd 7-8 that would mean you have a 20-21 day luteal phase which would be pretty rare. Most women have a 14 day luteal phase give or take a couple of days so I would chart so you can get to the bottom of that. Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->