Ovulation help please

shortnstumpy

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My husband and I are trying to conceive our first baby and to be honest I have NEVER taken note of my periods/ovulation as I have been on the pill for the past 12 years. I stopped taking the pill 6 months ago and since then I have noticed my periods have come every 35-38 days. (say 35 days one month, 37 the next, 36 days next month etc)

The first day of my last period was the 10th of June so I kind am thinking that would have my ovulation at around the 1st or 2nd of July? (we also had a lot of sex two weeks after my period in case I switch to a 28 day cycle for some reason). Anyways this month I haven't noticed any EWCM but earlier on the month I had excessive discharge which was just wet (it almost felt like I had wet my pants)- but that was two weeks after my period- could this have been ovulation? I did an ovulation strip test on the 1st of July and it was positive which I have read would mean I should be ovulating on the 2nd? Does this sound correct? (I only did a 1 off test!)

We have :sex: on 26, 28, 30 June, twice on the 1st July, 2nd July and this morning so I think we had all our bases covered. How would I work out how many DPO I am? I have never gotten ovulation cramps but have had pain on my lower left side for the past week and lower back ache for 2-3 days so not sure if this is ovulation?

Sorry for all the questions but this is our first month TTC and I am finding everything confusing :wacko:

Throwing lots of :dust: everywhere and hoping for a :bfp: soon.

Sorry I just realised this is general TTC, I just transferred this to the TTC #1 thread.

U need too work out how long ur LP is, which is the time between Oing nd CD1. Ideally u want to c that at least 12 - 14 days, but some ladies have a 10LP which is the lowest u can go without having a LP defect. U work out ur DPO but counting 48 hours after ur POS OPK nd that would make u 1DPO

I have longer cycles too and when I conceived my son I was having a 35 day cycle and ovulated around day 21.

While longer cycles are frustrating (just cos we have to wait longer than those with a 28 day cycle) but they are nothing to worry about. I think alot of people assume if you have long cycles it might mean you don't ovulate or there is something wrong, but thats not the case at all. For me I think my problem is my body starts to try and ovulate around day 14 and it keeps on trying until it finally occurs, usually happens a week later but can be longer...but I have PCOS so this is not uncommon.

Agree count from dpo 1.

Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"