• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ovulation help!!!

glong88

Mummy to 2 boys and a princess
Reaction score
Right ladies, where do I start...

I come off the pill on the 30th December, had my normal bleed from the 3rd January, and then never started to re take pills as we are now ttc.

I brought some ovulation tests from eBay and starting testing last Saturday, exactly a week after my period started. I should be around ovulation now as I have roughly 28 day cycles, always been regular off/on pill.

I got what I think was a near match on my test last Saturday, but thought it was to early so didn't think much of it, however I've tested twice a day since and now I barely get anything?

Could I have ovulated 7 days from my period and only like 8/9 days after stopping the pill?

Me and other half have dtd around every 3 days since my period anyways but I'm a bit confused.. I've also had lots of weird twinges over the last few days, I though it would be ovulation but tests are saying otherwise...

If you don't temp bbt its difficult to say if you have ovulated or not. It is very possible to ovulate early when you just come off the pill or your body was trying to ovulate but then did not. cycles are sometimes a bit out of whack the first month or so after the pill but it is totally possible to fall pregnant and I would suggest just continuing to bd every 2 - 3 days and you might be lucky!!

Trouble I've also got is I had the coil fitted in April, my body really didn't get on with it so had it removed in December and went straight on the pill, was only on it for one month now we are ttc.... I bet my body hasn't a clue what's happening lol

lol probably!! I have it some months where my opk is darker but not dark enough early on at around 8 dpo and then goes very light until around 15 - 19 dpo which is when I normally ovulate.

But maybe its good to just go with the flow for a month or so until you see a pattern in your cycles and can figure out if you are ovulating and how long your cycles are after all those hormones that were let loose in your body!! :)

Agree, it might be a good idea to start temping, to really hone in on when you ovulate. OPKs only confirm a surge, not that ovulation actually happened. Hormones get all wacky after coming off of the pill and such, so don't be surprised if you don't see a positive OPK for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"